ATC Guru
Media
Due: June 15
Signup: N/A
Withdraw date: N/A
Number of Cards: 3/3
Number of participants: 12
Leonarda’s Security Envelopes and Acrylics, Due July 15

Have you ever noticed the inside of security envelopes? I never did until the year long mixed media class I am taking had a class using these, and now, I am addicted! The patterns are beautiful and my "collection" is growing.

For this swap, you will only use the following media: Acrylic paints and security envelope papers on a sturdy ATC base. Make 3 ATCs.

You must use both media and must not use any other types.

For the bonus to this swap, if you would like, send 3 extra atc size pieces of the envelope papers to swap with other players. I will do my best to give you three different patterns in return, but it depends what is sent in. These are just extra papers, nothing else.

Standard size 2.5" x 3.5" on sturdy card stock.

USA: send SASE. International enclose 1.00 for postage or 3 US forever stamps.

Let’s grow our creativity and think outside the box!

Please do your best work and make your cards unique to your own style.

Here are a few examples of the security envelope linings I have:
IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

Welcome:
1. Mushu ATCs arrived!
2. Robertstamp atcs and papers are here!
3. Luckycat479 arrived!
4. NancyL- ATCs here with extra envelope papers
5. CastleQueen5 ATCS arrived!
6. CiCiCreates ATCs arrived!
7. Marie ATCs have arrived!
8. Haagmm- acts have arrived!!
9. Sorxia ATCS here!
10. Kehlenn aTCs have arrived!
11. catladybj- withdrawn
12. RaineyDay Atcs arrived with papers
replaced:
dbuffum ATCS Rec'd

Last edited:
Crikey! You are right! I just went to our recycle bucket and pulled out four envelopes with different patterns. I find this idea intriguing but wouldn't the paints cover the patterns? Can you tell I'm not much of a painter? I guess I'm lurking until I figure out if this will work for me or not.

The patterns are beautiful! Most are black, some are blue, but I even have one that is red ink!
This is not the typical “ cut out a picture and glue it to a background” swap. I guess you could say it’s more of a creative challenge!

I started cutting my envelopes and my ideas started.... I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with! I even thought about using acrylics for background and the patterned paper on top.... hmmmmmm :idea:

I love security envelopes! I've been hoarding them for years. I even have some green, an orange, a purple and a red. Mine get used for collage. I'm not much for acrylics so I'll just lurk and enjoy seeing what gets created.

I get red envelopes from Target. One of our local cable companies has green. I dont have that company but I have seen it. Someone had to bring it into my food bank to prove their address. You should have seen me, I was just itching to ask for the green envelope. I did not, but I am sure I was twitching.

You have to apply the acrylic with something. Are you open to what that could be?

So far, I'm thinking stencils or foam stamps, or a credit card, or ?

Welcome everyone! I am so glad you have joined up.

OF course you can use any tools you would like- paint brush, stencil, etc. I meant just use these two media on a sturdy atc card. The how is up to you!!

Back
Top Bottom