Postage stamp ATCs - HOUSEHOLD ITEMS OR FOOD Due: July 20

I just found out about the neatest FREE item you can get from the post office.

Every quarter the post office publishes a catalogue featuring all of the newest stamps, plus some older ones that are sold by the post office. You can subscribe by going to the web site: usps.com/philatelic. There are pictures of the stamps, and wonderful backgrounds, and it tells when the stamps are first being offered. When I filled out the form, I saw that it has a drop down box for country, which leads me to believe that even if you don't live in the US, they will send you the catalogue.

The site also sells some cute PO-related gifts: tee shirts, a mug featuring the newest Chinese New Year image of the rat, kids' toys of PO vehicles, tote bags (there is a fantastic T rex tote bag that isn't outrageously expensive), and Christmas ornaments.

I found out about the catalogue because it was on a reading table where I now live. I am not sure when the issue was published, but it appeared recent because some of the newer stamps identified are not yet available in post offices.

All of you stamp addicts might be interested in receiving this publication.

AWESOME find, jo.on.the.go.
Thanks so much for sharing the information.

As long as we are talking about the post office, they have requested a rate increase to go into effect this coming August.
On regular letters, 55 cents increases to 58 cents, and International stamps increase from $1.20 to $1.30.
Not enough to buy a bunch of postage ahead and hoard, but I did get some International stamps.

I wasn't going to do this round, but people's cards are so bright and cheerful...and I ADORE your crossword puzzle card, BetsyG...so I'm going to work on mine this weekend to make the mailing deadline. Please sign me up.

welcome to the people who have joined us since I last welcomed you - CherylS, CastleQueen5, seascape131 and mrubyjean.

everyone's subtle hints have been taken down and will be found in your returns :D

GORGEOUS cards are being shown in the thread with some beautiful stamps and backgrounds being created. Thank you to all those people mailing early - I managed to send returns out for the SPACE swap a week before the due date, let's see if we can do the same for this swap.

My cards are finished. Hope it is okay that I used items from our childhood, rather than present day, households because I really love these radio, typewriter and old-fashioned camera stamps. (The camera card contains an actual photo of me on a swing when I was 2 & 1/2 years old.)

My cards are finished. Hope it is okay that I used items from our childhood, rather than present day, households because I really love these radio, typewriter and old-fashioned camera stamps. (The camera card contains an actual photo of me on a swing when I was 2 & 1/2 years old.)

Those are wonderful! Cute little you! I also love the El Cantaro Loteria stamp! :)

I love your cards mrubyjean and I join with plumhill2001 in admiring your use of different fonts on your typewriter card.

My husband still has a box brownie camera - his grandfather taught him how to take photographs using it.

I have been too busy with Mayo visits for adult son, or chemo for myself to get anything done. I have enjoyed the cards posted, but I wont be participating for this one.

I am not sure when life will slow down so I can be at home, and in my craft room. We just signed up for twice a week Physical therapy appointments for adult son, for 4 weeks. Working on his balance and neuropathy in feet.

My prayers are with you and your son, CastleQueen5. I hope you can find some time to be creative to help with the stress of your busyness.

Here are pics of my cards

I got a new phone this week and it looks like it does not do the automatic rotate of pics. I’m going to have to stop taking pics of my cards on their sides.

I don't know what Australia Post is doing - I have received a clump of mail with postmarks ranging from 25 May to 11 June?!?
Gorgeous cards have arrived from: jo.on.the.go, plumhill2001, CherylS, Betsyg and AngelJoy
off to give iTraders now

Back
Top Bottom