Finding my artistic self
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums

Swap Due Date: July 21, 2021
Signup/Withdraw: July 7, 2021
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Media: Any Media, but please try to limit the use of stickers.

LOVABLE CATS & KITTENS Due July 21, 2021

My Mother loved cats, and she gave me my own love of cats! June 3, would have been her 94th birthday, but she passed away several weeks ago. I’ve decided to dedicate the next few swaps that I host in her honor. I have several wonderful ideas, but her love of cats has drawn me to host this one as the first one.

Just a bit about my ATC creating, and how she always helped me. She was always the one who fussy cut all of the images that I use for my cards. She did a far better job at it than I ever would be able to do! She was my biggest fan and cheerleader! When I doubted my work, she always lifted my spirits. She delighted in seeing all of the cards that I made, and traded for. When I did my swaps, she helped pick with card I should keep for the hostess gift, and she marveled at how I did the actual card swapping. She admired all of the talented artists, and she knew what all of the quirky ATC terms meant! She would be as excited as I would be when I’d bring home my supplies from the craft shops. I will certainly miss her, we had such a wonderful time together, enjoying everything ATC related.

So, for this swap, your ATCs will feature cats, in all their glory. You can feature one cat, or several cats. Kittens too! The possibilities are endless for this swap. Be creative, and please, no plain white backgrounds.

Cards are to be standard ATC size, 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" and the cards should be straight and sturdy and in an individual plastic sleeve. Please include swap name, user name, your real name, date and location on the back of all cards.

US participants, please send a large address label and a forever stamp. I will provide the envelopes!

International participants, Please enclose a large address label and a well concealed US Dollar bill. I will supply the envelopes. Any questions?? PM me.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. If you have my address from previous swaps, it has not changed. Please try to mail your cards early!! I like to be prompt in sending back your returns.

When you do receive your returns, please be kind enough to leave "you rock" points for the artist whose cards you received, and if you feel that I have done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me.

Who would like to play?

SpottedCrow ~received 6/4
CynthiaSillitoe ~received 6/15
Evalila ~received 6/21
Robin ~received 6/1
Blueangel ~received 6/28
Donnacr ~received 7/13
mrubyjean ~received 7/13
CiCiCreates received 7/22
CastleQueen5 ~received 7/12
plumhill2001 ~received 6/4
middleearthtraveller ~received 6/12
aginghippychic ~received 6/15
Seascape131 ~received 6/17
EatSleepWriteABook ~received 6/25
RaineyDay ~received 6/24
jo.on.the.go ~received 6/21
3moffday2 ~received 7/1
Miss Fame ~received 7/9
Monroy28 ~received 7/6
dbuffum ~received 7/19
Deb2015 ~received 7/13

Last edited:
Welcome SpottedCrow and CynthiaSillitoe! I will add both of you now.

While I’ve always been a dog person, and probably always will, I now live with 3 cats (because I also live with my son and daughter in law). I find them fascinating in so many ways, and really fun to draw, so I’d love to sign up please. What a great idea to honor your Mom in this way!

Welcome mrubyjean and CiCiCreates! I will sign you up!

I hope you are able to join us, plumhill2001.

Fur Babies in the house !

Had a blast making these. Hope that you like them.

Forever- magazine images, nail charm foil stars, magazine text

Lucky- stencils, archival ink, washi tape, sticky text, magazine image

Outfit- acrylic inks, washi tape, magazine text, newspaper image, nail charm flower

Train- decorative paper, collage book woman, and chair, magazine image

Back
Top Bottom