Postage stamp ATCs - HEADS Due: Aug 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: Aug 20
postage for non-Australians: July 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights I would still suggest you allow at least 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with JUST A HEAD on it (even better if it is a head of State eg King/Queen/ President/etc)

MAILED SEPTEMBER 6

They can be used as part of a pattern View attachment 223602, as the head of a person View attachment 223604View attachment 223603, as the head of an animal, as part of clothing View attachment 223606View attachment 223605 or surprise me.

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
September - Cartoon/Fantasy characters October - Tails (animal, bird, fantasy eg mermaid/ dragon) November - Organisations (WHO, UNICEF, Scouts/Guides, etc) December - Christmas January '22 - Children (real, cartoon, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up or you can't get Rep points.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by August 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a $1.10 stamp
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to at least $3.40 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 OR a Global Forever stamp.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. if it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - returned
1. plumhill2001 - received
2. Betsyg - returned
3. CherylS - returned
4. jo.on.the.go - returned
5. AngelJoy - returned
6. TrinaLD - withdrew
7. luckycat479 - received
8. Cleopatra - returned
9. CynthiaSillitoe - LOST :cry:
10. dnewton972 - returned
11. Evalila - received
12. StitchinWitch - returned
13. somnia - returned
14. Seascape131 - returned
15. Haagmm - withdrew
16. Deb2015 - returned
17. mrubyjean - returned

Last edited:
plumhill2001 - that is a very good question, quite a weird stamp. Does anyone know what it was released to celebrate?

welcome to CherylS - nice to see you back.

I would like to join. Here are my cards.

View attachment 223637 Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865, sixteenth president of the United States) and boyhood home at Knob Creek, with symbolic birth cabin. Quote by Abraham Lincoln.

View attachment 223638 George Washington (1732 - 1799, first president of the United States) and the Washington Monument, Washington DC, constructed in 1848.

View attachment 223639 Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826, third president of the United States) and the Thomas Jefferson Monument, Washington DC, constructed 1939 - 1943.

And the rest.

View attachment 223640 Gustaf VI Adolf (1882 - 1973, reigned in Sweden from 1950) and the parliament house in Stockholm, Sweden.

View attachment 223641 Queen Elizabeth II of England and Buckingham Palace, London, England. Stamp from 1950's. (Don't know why this decided to go sideways and I can't correct it. Oh, well, you get the idea)

View attachment 223642 Queen Elizabeth II of England and Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, London, England.

View attachment 223643 Queen Elizabeth II of England and Crown Jewels of United Kingdom, London, England

welcome to all our new comers - especially excited to see you join us for the first time TrinaLD

jo.on.the.go
- love the way that you have chosen togive us historic backgrounds to your cards, have they been mailed yet?

Looking ahead I'm wondering about the "Cartoon/Fantasy Characters". The closest thing I have is Muppets. Would those be okay? I did have a bunch of the Bugs Bunny stamps, but I've used them all. I may get some back on returns, but I'm not sure if that will happen in time for the swaps.

Also, I don't think I've got much if any in the "Organization" theme. If anyone has extras, please let me know. :wubclub:

Back
Top Bottom