WEIRD Vampire Holidays, Swap Due Date, Sept 03, 2021

Welcome Allegrae.
I signed you up.

Texvelis, you already signed up.
Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Just discovered that my local library checks out streaming movies (through Hoopla, if your library has it) and was able to get in the mood for vampires by watching the original, New Zealand movie of What We Do in the Shadows last night. And I’ve now got a list of 22 Vampire-themed holidays to work on! :twitcy:

Just discovered that my local library checks out streaming movies (through Hoopla, if your library has it) and was able to get in the mood for vampires by watching the original, New Zealand movie of What We Do in the Shadows last night. And I’ve now got a list of 22 Vampire-themed holidays to work on! :twitcy:

22 Vampire themed holidays~
Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!
I already have 3 other players who think they might send in extra Holidays, so if you want to send in additional Vampire Holidays, Cool....(NO PRESSURE), we are in GREAT shape.

I did not realize "What We Do in the Shadows" was a movie.
I watched it as a weekly Soap-Opera, and it just started its new season.
Interesting!
More research to do!

Last edited:
VAMPIRE TRIVIA

NATIONAL TRIVIA DAY
JANUARY 04

Bela Lugosi
In his 50 year career, Bela Lugosi was cast only twice as Count Dracula in the movies (Dracula, 1931 and Abbott and Costello, 1948), yet Lugosi established himself as the quintessential vampire - he is Dracula....so much so that even his hair style became a staple of the character, and he struggled to escape the role for the rest of his life.

Count Chocula
Count Chocula was inspired by classic horror film vampires. Count Chocula was introduced in March 1971 — the only chocolate flavored cereal on the market. Early cereal box designs featured the familiar vampire image. Both image and the voice of Bela Lugosi were used in the product marketing ads and TV commercials.

DWTS (Dancing With The Stars)
Week 7 included a paso doble with a vampire theme performed by Derek Hough and Maria Menounos. It had superb choreography, flawless dancing, and Maria portrayed a female vampire with unbelievable enthusiasm and gusto.

Frank Langella
Prior Dracula movies were blatant horror films built on fear and a sinister presence. Frank Langella exchanged this persona of terror to a Vampire of erotic elegance and sex appeal, while still acting out a horror film.

Garlic
It is said that Garlic sprouted in the soil, at the corner of the left foot print of Satan, when he was expelled from the Garden of Eden. This is why Garlic repels evil, the evil eye, and Vampires.
.....Garlic can reduce blockage in nasal passages, which can stop nighttime snoring.
.....The smell of garlic can be removed by running your hands under cold water while rubbing your hands with a stainless steel object.

Harry Potter
Although a Vampire was originally filmed for the Harry Potter movie series, it was cut in its entirely.

Nosferatu
Filmed in 1922, which was pre-censorship codes, several scenes had to be cut when Nosferatu was re-released years later to avoid being entirely banned.

Last edited:
Oh WOW.....
You are on a roll.

I know about Tooth Ache Day, but I was not aware of Oral Health Day.....Good Find!!!!!
LOVE your Sunglasses Day.
And Yellow Bat Day is AWESOME.
And VERY, VERY, Cool Blood Doner Day Card!

Your two new cards are FANG-TASTIC!!!!!! :jiggy:
I am smitten by the GREEN eyes in he Bloody Mary Day ATC.

Keep them coming!

Last edited:
FANG-TASTIC cards, Ancient Planter.
Barbie Day is AWESOME, and Bloody Mary is perfect!

I have NOT seen the American Samoa quarter.

FAB Bunnicula!
Vampires include Dracula, Nosferatu, Vlad, as well as Bunnicula.
I should have mentioned Bunnicula earlier.
Thanks for bringing him up!

I wonder where my Bunnicula set is.....
I haven't seen those books for awhile, and I should re-read them.

Last edited:
Mine are packed and ready to go - but I need to take them to the PO for weighing because I'm sending more than my usual amount. They will probably be mailed Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for the update.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom