WEIRD Vampire Holidays, Swap Due Date, Sept 03, 2021

LOVE Bunnicula!

International Children's Book Day - April 2. I never read this one as a child, but totally enjoy it as an adult! Bunnicula, by Deborah and James Howe.

View attachment 224208

Love this! I'd better get going on my cards before all the great ideas are used (I had a bunnicula image downloaded from the internet.... but I love what YOU did with it, so I'll have to get inspired by something else!)

Vicki - I LOVE the idea of a gingerbread vampire!! I may try this when I next make gingerbread cookies (Alan's always after me to make them, no matter the time of year). And who would have known that vampires wear pink tightie-whities?!?:twitcy: OMG, that's TOO funny!!!

Two more from me:

View attachment 224389 National Good Neighbor Day

View attachment 224390 - National Dentist's Day

Did you see the “new” series starting here on The CW on Sunday? “Wellington Paranormal” from the same guys who created “What We Do in the Shadows.” It’s about to start filming it’s 4th season in New Zealand, so we know there’s at least going to be that many for us - if it goes over well in the US. :jiggy: If you’ve seen the original movie of WWDITS, it’s following the 2 cops from that as they’re assigned to a new paranormal investigation police squad. I’ve already set the VCR!

Here are my latest, and possibly last, Vampire Holidays (unless I get the urge to do more). As jo.on.the.go said, trade what you want and keep the rest.

View attachment 224409 - Nat'l Read a Book Day View attachment 224410 - Nat'l Ice Cream Day

View attachment 224411 - Nat'l Moonshine Day - Vampires don't celebrate the same way we humans might!

Hi I wanted to join this swap

Thank you for wanting to join my swap.
You are new to this site, so please note that this is the third time you have requested to join.
I have responded in the thread that I signed you up, and reading the thread is a good way for you to follow-up on sign-up information, or any questions you may have.
I have also listed you as a participant, on the first page, in the first post, so you can be assured you are signed up.

Thank you for your enthusiasm.

I also sent my address to you via PM so you can mail your cards to me as soon as they are completed.
Please also feel free to post pictures of your ATCs in this thread so others can be inspired.
Please ask if you have questions.

Here are my latest, and possibly last, Vampire Holidays (unless I get the urge to do more). As jo.on.the.go said, trade what you want and keep the rest.

More AWESOME cards.
FANG-TASTIC use of Puns.
It took me a heartbeat to pick up on "Moonshine".....GREAT JOB!
LOVE them all. I think National Ice Cream Day might be my fave, unless it is Moonshine, or maybe Reading Stephen King's book. Hard to choose!
Thanks for posting your latest!

National Cupcake Day
December 15

View attachment 224490
The blob you see at the bottom of the cupcake is sealing wax with a "Bat" Seal imprint.
The vender says to use "Release paper", which I did, but now the was blob doesn't want to stick to the card very well, so I need to find a better glue, or take the wax bat seal off the card. :0(
Next time I do NOT use release paper!!

Last edited:
My trick with hot sealing wax is to let the wax form a blob in the surface. Then I lick the seal (sorry if this sounds unsanitary to you, or germy, but it doesn't bother me) and then press the seal onto the wax. I always get a sharp imprint and the wax doesn't stick to the seal when I lift the seal.

Not just a lurker...

I have been following this thread with GREAT enjoyment.

So many CLEVER and FUN cards!

For some reason, it was hard for me to get started, but here's the first:

December 8 is "Pretend to be a Time Traveler" day:

1_817_weird_vampire_time_traveler_opt.jpg

...and the second is the Vampire version of "National Eat an Oreo Day" (June 19) I will need to wait a few days for those red paint drops to dry completely....

1_818_natl_oreo_vamp_opt.jpg

Well, once I got going.... this one was quick but I like it: how I envision a vampire on "National Doodle Day:"

1_819_vampire_doodle_day_opt.jpg

Last edited:
Once you get started, LuAnnP, it's hard to stop! I managed to quit after 10, but I've still go a few ideas roaming around in my brain I might try. LOVE your cards!! Especially Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day - The Doctor as a vampire?! :twitcy:

Vicki, I forgot to tell you that my 10 made it into the mail yesterday... finally.

Ancient Planter,

TEN!?!?!? I'm amazed! (And delighted to get to enjoy the cards posted here.)

I just finished my fourth and final. Since it is a card-with-doors, I can't get a good image to show up here on ATCsFA. I've seen some other swappers linking to Instagram, so I am going to try that now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUBrX0IKDD/

NOTE ADDED MUCH LATER: I got some kind of warning message about "Branded content" on Instagram. Odd. I see many people posting images of copyrighted characters, but I guess my print of "Angel" isn't allowed... unless I pay for a commercial account? So here is the poor-quality low resolution image:

1_820_angel_opt.jpg

I usually avoid printouts from the internet... but I think this ATC was just hilarious and I could not resist!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, LuAnnP.
Your ATCs are great.
LOVE the card-with-doors.
It showed up great on Instagram.
I will let you know as soon as they arrive.

Ancient Planter,
Thanks for letting me know your cards were mailed.
I thought you had mailed earlier, so I had been looking for them.
Now I don't have to worry.

Last edited:
This is the BEST SWAP EVER

I totally agree.....
And it is absolutely due to all the participants who have found their Vampire Muse and created such AWESOME and WEIRD Vampire Holidays.

Who would have thought there were so many clothing, beverage, food, funny, remembered legends, not to mention WEIRD Vampire Holidays?????

Last edited:
FANG-TASTIC ATCs received from jo.on.the.go.
These are even better IRL
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

Back
Top Bottom