WEIRD Vampire Holidays, Swap Due Date, Sept 03, 2021

FANG-TASTIC ATCs received from Allegrae.
Your cards made great transit time!!!
Thanks so much for including a hostie.

WEIRD VAMPIRE HOLIDAY

View attachment 225051
National Cereal Day
March 07

.....Did you know, that until the 1890's people started their day
with eggs and meat, plus a cigarette and a cuppa joe --
an unhealthy blend of protein, cholesterol, nicotine, and caffeine.
.....Cereal and milk was promoted as a healthy breakfast alternative.
.....In late 1971, General Mills began production of Count Chocula,
a chocolate cereal to be served with milk.
.....Early cereal box designs for Count Chocula featured a familiar
vampire image, and the distinctive voice on the TV commercial
depicted the same Dracula icon, who was?? -- Yes! Bela Lugosi

I just LOVE your series of Vampire Holiday cards. Seriously, I just WANT. THEM. ALL!!!!!!! < grinning demonically >

FANG-TASTIC cards received from jo.on.the.go.
More creative, thinking outside the box ATCs.
LOVE all of them, but "Topless" is my fave!!!

Vicki, I LOVE all of those, especially National Watch Day! I just have to laugh thinking about a vampire with all those "hot" watches under his cape.

I didn't expect your returns to arrive until Saturday.
I am glad mail is getting back to "normal"
I am delighted you are happy with your returns, and had fun.

All participants were early mailers, so when all the cards were in, and no other people signed up, returns went out early.

Last edited:
I went to my mailbox yesterday and the delightful envelope full of weird vampire holiday cards had arrived. What a fabulous surprise! All of us must have been early mailers!!?!!? Off to leave iTrader and You Rocks.....

I went to my mailbox yesterday and the delightful envelope full of weird vampire holiday cards had arrived. What a fabulous surprise! All of us must have been early mailers!!?!!? Off to leave iTrader and You Rocks.....

I had all the returns in by early August and considered mailing out.
But there were some lurkers who thought they wanted to participate so I waited another couple of weeks.
But no further participants so I mailed returns early.
ENJOY!

Vicki - this was one wonderful swap. I am making my way through the cards created by others to pass out reps. I received some great cards by Texvelis, LuAnnP, allegrae, Ancient Planter, Boots and of course Vampire supreme Vicki Z.

WEIRD VAMPIRE HOLIDAY

National Actors Day
September 8

Some of the Numerous Actors who portrayed Vampires

*Max Schreck (Nosferatu / Count Orlok, 1922)
* Bela Lugosi (Universal Dracula 1927, 1931)
**Lon Chaney Jr. in 1943's The Son of Dracula as the titular vampire, following Bela Lugosi's portrayal.
*John Carradine (1944-1966)
*Christopher Lee (Hammer Films, 1958-1973)
*Al Lewis (The Munsters, 1964-1966)
*David Niven in 1974's Old Dracula, portraying an elderly version of the character.
*Frank Langella (Dracula, 1979)
*George Hamilton in the 1979 comedy Love at First Bite, a romantic satire of the original novel.
*Gary Oldman (Bram Stoker's Dracula, 1992)
*Leslie Nielsen (Dracula: Dead And Loving It, 1995)
*Richard Roxburgh as the monstrous villain in the 2004 action movie, Van Helsing, who's capable of transforming into a hulking bat.
*Luke Evans (Dracula Untold 2014)
*Keith-Lee Castle playing a single-father Dracula in the British children's comedy show, Young Dracula.
*Adam Sandler in the widely successful Hotel Transylvania franchise, as an overprotective father and owner of a hotel full of classic horror monsters.
*Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the 2013 horror drama Dracula, where the vampire poses as an American entrepreneur in Victorian London.
*Claes Bang, of The Square fame, as a time-period-jumping Dracula in the novel's latest adaptation Dracula, a Netflix show.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
All returns have already reached their new homes so I will be shutting down this thread shortly.

Thanks for a fun swap. For those who didn’t get enough of vampires, I will be hosting a bat swap beginning in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom