Plants and Flowers By Any Other Name, Due September 03, 2021

Cards received from luckycat479.

KatieV, your cards are not here yet, and today is deadline.
Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow.

KatieV, your cards did not arrive Saturday.
Sunday has no mail delivery.
Monday is Labor Day, a National Holiday, again with no mail delivery.
You said you mailed on the 27th, and transit usually doesn't take this long. :0(

However, the site does give some small wiggle room with swaps.
Hopefully your cards will arrive tomorrow.
I will check Tuesday, and hope for the best.
I will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Sorry about that! Maybe there are delays from Ida weather or who knows what. Our mail has been pretty reliable lately but I think there are still hiccups. If they ever show up I’d appreciate if you could return them to me.

Returns went into today's mail.
Everyone should have their new plants next week.

Thank you everyone for playing.

I received my cards yesterday. Thanks for hosting yet another fun swap Vicki Z. And thanks to these artists:

An. M. Sudyka - Hatpins
CiCiCreates - Fairy Duster
Cleopatra - Venus Fly Trap
huddlestonmollie - Pig's Ear
Allegra - Licorice
luckycat479 - Gold Flower

Well, I TRIED to leave "You Rocks" but the interface would not let me do it. So for two out of three of the artists, I did a "Feedback" instead. This is happening to me a LOT lately. (I do tend to get cards by the same artists... but if I don't have another swap person to "spread the comments around" I guess I can't submit "You Rocks?!?!?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Feedback on iTrader is usually only to someone who mailed to you -- host to player and player to host. Except for PAT swaps.

The YouRocks are optional, just a nice thing to do to let people know where their cards ended up. If you can't leave for someone, you can just let them know in a post. I like to leave You Rock comments for no particular reason, so I don't usually run into issues with it.

Well, I TRIED to leave "You Rocks" but the interface would not let me do it. So for two out of three of the artists, I did a "Feedback" instead. This is happening to me a LOT lately. (I do tend to get cards by the same artists... but if I don't have another swap person to "spread the comments around" I guess I can't submit "You Rocks?!?!?

Is anyone else having this problem?

You can only "YOU ROCK" the same person after you have left You Rocks for a minimum of 4 or 5 other people. (the number necessary changed recently so I am not positive.)

Try keeping a list of who you give you rocks to, and keep count. Since you are in several swaps, you can give at least 3 You rocks to the people you received returns from. You can give one or two more You Rocks to several someones in the same swap whose cards you liked, even if you did not receive one of their cards with your returns. You can give another you rock to the host just for hosting. You have almost given out more than enough "You Rocks" to start repeating giving out rocks to your "regular" traders.

If you run into a problem where you cannot give a you rock to person 1, do several other people, then to back to person 1. Sometimes you only need to "you rock" one or two others to return to person 1, having given sufficient other people rocks, to rock person 1 again.

So, I suggest keeping a list, keeping it hot, gonna find out who gets rocks, or not.

Last edited:
Two participants created cats claw cards, but,
the cats claw card you received in your returns is from An. M. Sudyka.
I am so sorry, I was certain her name was on the back.

Last edited:
Feedback on iTrader is usually only to someone who mailed to you -- host to player and player to host. Except for PAT swaps.

The YouRocks are optional, just a nice thing to do to let people know where their cards ended up. If you can't leave for someone, you can just let them know in a post. I like to leave You Rock comments for no particular reason, so I don't usually run into issues with it.

Thanks for the help! I guess I gummed up the system just a BIT with my two iTrader feedbacks.... but I won't do it again.

You can only "YOU ROCK" the same person after you have left You Rocks for a minimum of 4 or 5 other people. (the number necessary changed recently so I am not positive.)

Try keeping a list of who you give you rocks to, and keep count. Since you are in several swaps, you can give at least 3 You rocks to the people you received returns from. You can give one or two more You Rocks to several someones in the same swap whose cards you liked, even if you did not receive one of their cards with your returns. You can give another you rock to the host just for hosting. You have almost given out more than enough "You Rocks" to start repeating giving out rocks to your "regular" traders.

If you run into a problem where you cannot give a you rock to person 1, do several other people, then to back to person 1. Sometimes you only need to "you rock" one or two others to return to person 1, having given sufficient other people rocks, to rock person 1 again.

So, I suggest keeping a list, keeping it hot, gonna find out who gets rocks, or not.

Ah- HA!

I always figured you had to wait a certain number of DAYS, so when I returned from vacation and still could not leave "You ROcks" I tried an incorrect method. I used to do a LOT of swaps simultaneously, so the problem kinda took care of itself due to my high volume. But I am being pretty selective nowadays and I DO tend to receive cards from the same awesome artists who choose the same kind of swaps.

A list is a good thing. I also didn't realize that "You Rocks" are okay to send to people from whom you did NOT receive a card. I can always find someone's cards that deserve compliments!

Thanks! I'm so glad I brought this up. I've been a member for over a year and a half and I am still learning things!

I have been a member longer than that, and I am still learning things...:eek:..:jiggy::twitcy:

Last edited:
I got great cards from Boots, jo.on.the.go, and allegrae. Thanks to VickiZ for hosting another fun and creative swap!
Points left for all.

Received my lovely returns. Thanks for hosting, Vicki! Off to leave iTrader/rep...

I received my awesome returns from An. M. Sudyka (Lizard's Tail); jo.on.the.go (Monkey Puzzle Tree); and Vicki Z(Popcorn Time). They are all great and I love the interesting information. Also, thanks to Vicki for hosting these really fun and educational swaps!! Off to leave iTrader and you rocks. Thanks everyone!

My cards are here, and I will leave reps soon. Thanks to Vicki for hosting, and for all my “return artists”!!

AWESOME!!!
All returns have been received.
This is very good / excellent mail transit time!

Thanks to everyone for for their GORGEOUS cards, their unique plant names and background information, and for being so prompt with itrades and positive itrade comments.

I will be archiving this swap shortly, so if you want to delete your attachments from the thread, now would be a good time to do so. Note that once the thread is archived, you will need to ask a moderator to delete your attachments for you as you will no longer be able to do it yourself.

You will, however, even after a swap has been archived, continue to be able to give itrades and You Rocks.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Last edited:
I am archiving this swap.
Last chance to delete your attachments from this thread.
After the thread is archived, you will need to request a moderator to delete your attachments for you.

Back
Top Bottom