August Weird Holidays Swap -- Due August 20, 2021

Wow that was lucky!!!! Yay! I’m glad you encouraged me to go ahead and mail. Now the fun of waiting begins! High 5 loveless, we made it! Thanks for the heads up Allegrae!

I've sorted returns, but they will mail a bit later than expected. I'm on Long Island (New York), and we're bracing for the hurricane that will hit tonight. We've been told there will be widespread power outages that could last several days to a week. That said, I'll mail as soon as it's safe and possible. Mail may be disrupted for a few days, and downed wires/trees will make roads tricky for the USPS and the rest of us.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I decided to drive down to my mom’s home, which is closer to New York City. I am about 25 miles from home, but the risk here is water damage vs. hurricane winds. My area has the hurricane warning, but she has a tropical storm warning, so who knows what the difference will be? I figure she has a better chance of keeping her power, although you never know during a storm like this. If she manages to retain power, will have access to air conditioning; it’s expected to hit close to 90° later in the week, and I dread the thought of managing without air-conditioning. Will try to keep everyone posted. The brunt of the hurricane hits this afternoon.

Thanks for checking in! New York really dodged a bullet. The storm was a heavy rain event, and there was barely any wind. I am leaving my mom’s home in the morning and will try to mail returns tomorrow afternoon, but in all likelihood envelopes will head to the post office on Wednesday morning. Thanks again!

My cards are here as well! And I got some of my very favorites! Thank you so much to dbuffum, Vicky Z and 3Moffday2! :jiggy:

Thanks for another great swap Allegrae!

Dbuffum I LOVE my world elephant day card!!! The system won’t let me leave you a rock point!!! Grrr…. So I’m telling you here. I love this card! Holding a balloon with its truck was such a sweet detail to add too. Aww….. lucky me!

dbuffum ... I also was unable to leave reputation points for you but wanted to let you know how much I loved your International Clown Week card. I loved all the cards you shared in your post to the swap and received my favorite. Yippie! I guess it's been too soon since I left you reputation points when I received your card from the APC-Flowers & Extra, 3's swap.

Back
Top Bottom