Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuous Random Round Robins - 13

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent notice cards falling apart.

BTW I have ENVIES going out Tuesday. check your mail box. I am so proud that I got them stamped and sealed, and oh that reminds me I should weigh them to make sure they dont need that extra ounce stamp, (which is so ugly, my PO wont order the bunnies until those patriot men in hats, are sold out.)
    MY APC WISHLIST NOT updated, tis a mess right now. I HAVE MOVED! contact me for new address.

2. Likes mrubyjean, Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    I'm glad you guys pointed that out. I didn't realize that was a problem. I hope my cards haven't been falling apart. I make all of my ATCs on playing cards!
    Nothing that other people glue down is falling off - that's why I think I'm the source of the problem. If players 1 and 2 managed to stick their additions down, then why am I struggling? Are you guys using some sort of crazy gorilla glue? Or are you sanding down just the area where you plan to stick something? Either way I need to stop receiving APCs. I'm doing something wrong, and feeling anxious about ruining people's sets. Otherwise, CRRs are a lot of fun. I have a super cute finished set drying now
    Want to create and trade vintage, Victorian, steampunk, Alice in Wonderland, postage stamp ATCs and more? Join the Victoria Day ATART athon May 20-24. Open to everyone!
    My Available to Trade ATCs
    I'm ksomnia on Instagram

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These pocket cards have removable penguins! (I can't take credit for those - the pockets and penguins were there when the cards landed in my hands)
    Attachment 228499 karr3ll / mrubyjean / somnia
    Want to create and trade vintage, Victorian, steampunk, Alice in Wonderland, postage stamp ATCs and more? Join the Victoria Day ATART athon May 20-24. Open to everyone!
    My Available to Trade ATCs
    I'm ksomnia on Instagram

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love how you finished those penguin pocket cards, somnia ~ one of my favorite RRs of the season!

6. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by somnia View Post
    Nothing that other people glue down is falling off - that's why I think I'm the source of the problem. If players 1 and 2 managed to stick their additions down, then why am I struggling? Are you guys using some sort of crazy gorilla glue? Or are you sanding down just the area where you plan to stick something? Either way I need to stop receiving APCs. I'm doing something wrong, and feeling anxious about ruining people's sets. Otherwise, CRRs are a lot of fun. I have a super cute finished set drying now
    I'll make a note that you don't want APCs. I just use plain old glue sticks for most of what I do. Hmmm. Mysterious.
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

8. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And speaking of mysteries (I was in the last post) some mysterious, nice person sent me a padded envelope full of fun ephemera! Totally anonymous. Not even a post mark!! I'd sure like to say thank you, but I have no idea how to find out who it was. If you're reading this, thanks so much! I especially love the ATC that says "Be Groovy or Leave Man"!
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, something which nearly never happens to me: I am totally caught up with working on all the sets I had in the house. Well, I was until I remembered I'd had an envelope earlier in the week - I put it aside as it should only have been homers, but when I opened it, there was a set to work on as well. Which is fine, as I'm going off homers anyway, but it does mean it didn't get worked on today!

These three sets were finished:

1221owlsF.jpg
    plumhill/bsh/me

1221carsF.jpg
    cynthiasillitoe/cq5/me

1221birdsF.jpg
    plumhill/lindagiese/me

and lots of starters were added to for a second round. And there's some post going out tomorrow, hoorah!

I'm going to go back off homers, but I will actually be away for a couple of weeks in February in the US to visit my mother (finally) so I may quickly get a backlog again, lol. I do hope to have time to make lots of starters so I can do a mass mailing when I'm in the US, though!
    Kate North
    https://www.instagram.com/katelnorth
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by somnia View Post
    I'm going to have to switch to no APCs.

I'm having a really hard time getting anything to stick to playing cards. I've tried liquid matte medium, gel matte medium, decoupage glue and glue stick. Maybe it's the extreme low humidity in the house? We're having a cold snap and the heat inside is cranked.
    I got this sanding sponge. Otherwise stuff just pops off a playing card.
    Melissa
    We all need a little art in our lives!
    Coming soon: In Pursuit of Postcards - a Vacation themed De-Stash
    APC Wish List

12. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any real smooth/shiny surface doesn't take glue very well. Forget any kind of white glue (tacky or otherwise).
    I will sand, as mentioned by others, if I'm putting a large piece of paper on it.

I also have some leftover gesso which works very well - just a thin coat. When dry it gives a more rough surface that takes glue well.

However, for ephemera, I'll use score tape (Sookwang) which does adhere well to a shiny surface.

14. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, Kate! Those cards are great!

16. Likes katelnorth liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great mail day! Got envies from katelnorth, vick302000 and clar42ie! Thanks everyone!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a great envelope from ThouArtDelyrias it has a homer for Suzi.

I mailed off to everyone I had homers for, and sometimes added other things.

I would have mailed more in Katelnorths envelope but I sealed it before she mentioned coming off homers. I was so tempted to hold back that envelope and stuff more inside, but I didnt.
    MY APC WISHLIST NOT updated, tis a mess right now. I HAVE MOVED! contact me for new address.

19. Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just left as many itraders as I could. I really have had a hard time with my brain making sense of the itraders and how they tranfer over to the cards. Today was a good day for my brain, and I tried to knock a few out. Thanks for all your patience since I have had covid. I am fine fine fine now.

21. Likes JavaZarf, Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're feeling better, CQ! I don't blame you. My brain gets confused over iTraders, and I don't even have a good excuse!

23. Likes Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you guys pointed that out. I didn't realize that was a problem. I hope my cards haven't been falling apart. I make all of my ATCs on playing cards!
    I haven't had any problems with any of your cards and between this and swaps, I've been blessed with a lot of your work. Some playing cards do it more than others.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My latest favorite card ever. This is me, Karr3ll, and Suzi:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stopping in to say HELLO… and catch up on all the posts… mailing envelopes Saturday

27. Likes plumhill2001, mrubyjean liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Karr3ll!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a DVD in the mail and it arrived today, along with a whole stamp collection!!
    Attachment 228650

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a DVD in the mail and it arrived today, along with a whole stamp collection!!
    Attachment 228650
    Kool! What a great gift to an ATC-er.