Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Continuous Random Round Robins - 13

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent notice cards falling apart.

BTW I have ENVIES going out Tuesday. check your mail box. I am so proud that I got them stamped and sealed, and oh that reminds me I should weigh them to make sure they dont need that extra ounce stamp, (which is so ugly, my PO wont order the bunnies until those patriot men in hats, are sold out.)
    MY APC WISHLIST NOT updated, tis a mess right now. I HAVE MOVED! contact me for new address.

2. Likes mrubyjean liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    I'm glad you guys pointed that out. I didn't realize that was a problem. I hope my cards haven't been falling apart. I make all of my ATCs on playing cards!
    Nothing that other people glue down is falling off - that's why I think I'm the source of the problem. If players 1 and 2 managed to stick their additions down, then why am I struggling? Are you guys using some sort of crazy gorilla glue? Or are you sanding down just the area where you plan to stick something? Either way I need to stop receiving APCs. I'm doing something wrong, and feeling anxious about ruining people's sets. Otherwise, CRRs are a lot of fun. I have a super cute finished set drying now
    My Available to Trade ATCs
    I'm ksomnia on Instagram

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These pocket cards have removable penguins! (I can't take credit for those - the pockets and penguins were there when the cards landed in my hands)
    penguins.jpg karr3ll / mrubyjean / somnia
    My Available to Trade ATCs
    I'm ksomnia on Instagram

5. Likes mrubyjean, katelnorth liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love how you finished those penguin pocket cards, somnia ~ one of my favorite RRs of the season!
    I'm Hosting ATC Swaps Again! ~
    **APC Wishlist** **Chunky Book Wishlist**

7. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by somnia View Post
    Nothing that other people glue down is falling off - that's why I think I'm the source of the problem. If players 1 and 2 managed to stick their additions down, then why am I struggling? Are you guys using some sort of crazy gorilla glue? Or are you sanding down just the area where you plan to stick something? Either way I need to stop receiving APCs. I'm doing something wrong, and feeling anxious about ruining people's sets. Otherwise, CRRs are a lot of fun. I have a super cute finished set drying now
    I'll make a note that you don't want APCs. I just use plain old glue sticks for most of what I do. Hmmm. Mysterious.
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

9. Thanks somnia thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And speaking of mysteries (I was in the last post) some mysterious, nice person sent me a padded envelope full of fun ephemera! Totally anonymous. Not even a post mark!! I'd sure like to say thank you, but I have no idea how to find out who it was. If you're reading this, thanks so much! I especially love the ATC that says "Be Groovy or Leave Man"!
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, something which nearly never happens to me: I am totally caught up with working on all the sets I had in the house. Well, I was until I remembered I'd had an envelope earlier in the week - I put it aside as it should only have been homers, but when I opened it, there was a set to work on as well. Which is fine, as I'm going off homers anyway, but it does mean it didn't get worked on today!

These three sets were finished:

1221owlsF.jpg
    plumhill/bsh/me

1221carsF.jpg
    cynthiasillitoe/cq5/me

1221birdsF.jpg
    plumhill/lindagiese/me

and lots of starters were added to for a second round. And there's some post going out tomorrow, hoorah!

I'm going to go back off homers, but I will actually be away for a couple of weeks in February in the US to visit my mother (finally) so I may quickly get a backlog again, lol. I do hope to have time to make lots of starters so I can do a mass mailing when I'm in the US, though!
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My APC ad here

12. Likes somnia, plumhill2001 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by somnia View Post
    I'm going to have to switch to no APCs.

I'm having a really hard time getting anything to stick to playing cards. I've tried liquid matte medium, gel matte medium, decoupage glue and glue stick. Maybe it's the extreme low humidity in the house? We're having a cold snap and the heat inside is cranked.
    I got this sanding sponge. Otherwise stuff just pops off a playing card.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any real smooth/shiny surface doesn't take glue very well. Forget any kind of white glue (tacky or otherwise).
    I will sand, as mentioned by others, if I'm putting a large piece of paper on it.

I also have some leftover gesso which works very well - just a thin coat. When dry it gives a more rough surface that takes glue well.

However, for ephemera, I'll use score tape (Sookwang) which does adhere well to a shiny surface.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, Kate! Those cards are great!