Finding my artistic self
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: September 24, 2021
Signup/Withdraw: September 10 , 2021
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Media: Any Media, but please try to limit the use of stickers.

COLORS OF AUTUMN

Right now, it sure does not feel like Autumn will be arriving anytime soon! Here on the East Coast, we are entering our 4th heatwave of the year, with no end in sight! The combination of heat and humidity is wicked!

So, let’s think about Autumn, and it’s cool breezes and beautiful color palette. For this swap, it’s pretty easy, create your ATCs, any theme at all, with an Autumn color palette. Various shades of yellow, orange, red, purple, gold, brown, and even deep shades of green. The possibilities are endless for this swap. Be creative, and please, no plain white backgrounds.

Cards are to be standard ATC size, 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" and the cards should be straight and sturdy and in an individual plastic sleeve. Please include swap name, user name, your real name, date and location on the back of all cards.

US participants, please send a large address label and a forever stamp. I will provide the envelopes!

International participants, Please enclose a large address label and a well concealed US Dollar bill. I will supply the envelopes. Any questions?? PM me.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. If you have my address from previous swaps, it has not changed. Please try to mail your cards early!! I will not wait on late cards for this swap!!

When you do receive your returns, please be kind enough to leave "you rock" points for the artist whose cards you received, and if you feel that I have done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me.

Who would like to play?

somnia ~received 9/13
Evalila ~received 7/31
lazyshadows ~received 7/31
RaineyDay ~received 8/12
rhodora55~received 7/24
TrinaLD ~received 9/7
Ancient Planter ~received 7/19
LindyLu ~received 7/23
Miss Fame ~received 8/7
dbuffum ~received 8/7
Robin ~received 7/24
LesleyDevall ~received 8/9
kathleenlovesflorida ~received 9/18
akunzel ~received 8/14
SpottedCrow ~received 8/6
KatieV ~received 8/7
CardinalHouse ~received 9/16
JenUrebel ~received 8/10
CastleQueen5 ~received 8/12
Chimerix ~received 8/18
Monroy28 ~received 8/18
turnsoleluna ~received 9/9
dnewton972 ~received 8/28
LeeBeth ~received 9/3
Bramble ~received 9/9
Karr311 ~received 9/7
mrubyjean ~received 9/15
ksghost ~received 9/16
TSMarie ~received 9/18

Last edited:
Suzi, I'm always ready for Autumn!!!!!!!!! Like you, we've been through several massive heat waves, the latest with temps topping 115. Lousy birthday. I think I'm going to change my birthday to autumn, along with everything else I want to do.
That said, I'm signing up for your swap!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got just one more to finish and then I've got my set done, so go ahead and sign me up, please! It's been so refreshing concentrating on autumn as a way to cool myself off mentally! I'm sitting in 77 degree A/C, escaping the 98+ degrees outside. A couple of weeks ago we hit 115 here in southern Oregon, and right now our skies are gray with smoke from all the fires north, south, and east of us. So my ATCs have an inclusion of blue skies as another autumn color - we have smoke-colored skies throughout summer every year so blue means we've reached autumn at last.

Ancient Planter, I feel you with the heat. We've been going in and out of week long heat waves of 110 plus for over a month now. I've been watching the fires up there. Be very careful if you go outside because of the smoke. I don't know if you saw the report from the CA Camp Fire, but the stuff that was in the air.

TriniLD, we go down to Sacramento a lot - good friends live in Dixon and Elk Grove - and have been keeping up with the temps there. We'll be down there again in another month, on our way to our annual trip at Lake Tahoe. I'm sure we'll be going the Sacto route again this year due to fires on the 395/Susanville route again, and Tahoe Basin will probably be smoke-filled again this year from it. I just saw that a fire erupted in Butte County - is that the Camp Fire? We've got the smoke from the Bootleg and Jack fires here in Oregon, and the ones down by Shasta in CA. I think the Shasta ones are finally coming under control, but last I heard the Bootleg fire was currently the largest in the west. In the 4 summers we've lived in Medford so far, only one year (2019) did we have a pleasant summer where we could go outside without a mask (although most people went maskless a lot last summer, too, but as a political statement). Our next-door neighbor told us that his 7-year-old daughter had never experienced a summer where she could play outside all summer. Is it any wonder why we're trying to buy a home back up in Washington and get away from here?!! :twitcy:

Back
Top Bottom