What's Through The Window, Due October 8, 2021

Well, I mailed these cards this afternoon at a different USPS location. It'll be interesting to know if they arrive before the other cards I mailed off a day or two ago from a USPS in a different city. I do think, sometimes, that it makes a difference.

Your cards arrived today.
Wonderful cards.
Thanks for including a hostie card.

That makes a 3 day transit time from California to Minnesota.
Yes, mailing from a different location certainly did make a difference.!!!!

Last edited:
I just read that, starting this Friday (Oct. 1), first class mail is going to slow down even further thanks to DeJoy and his plan. If it's a letter - or swap - mailed within the same district it's going to, it'll stay the same (supposedly 3 days :twitcy:), but if it's going further, like Oregon to Minnesota, it's going to take longer. If I read correctly, they'll no longer fly the mail to make sure it arrives within 3 days, but will drive it across country instead. :arghh: When, oh when, will DeJoy be fired???

We’re missing a bunch of mail that supposedly was delivered while we were in Sacramento, including a couple of trades from here, stuff from our financial guy, and some bills. I need to go to the PO today and battle it out with them. :arghh:

Woo hoo, Vicki! About the mail. It's been crazy. Last year, Marie hosted 12 Days of Christmas. She received cards finally from everyone except one person. She delayed swapping and delayed and delayed. I then suggested that we make cards for the lone person and we could hope that the cards would eventually arrive. Several of us chipped in and created a full set for the person. Well, Marie sent out a message earlier this year (maybe May or something) that the original set eventually made its way back to the sender with postage due. It was on a 6 month journey since the cards had been mailed in November!

A few months ago, my PGE bill took over 3 weeks to get from Sacramento to Sacramento. Grrrr.

@Ancient Planter. If you ever make it down to Sacramento again, let me know! And do your battle!

We go all the time, TrinaLD! Visiting our friends in Dixon and Elk Grove is how we vacation now :twitcy:. We also make an annual trip to Apple Hill in the fall for apple cider donuts, of course :jiggy:

In the Through the Window theme, some of my neighbors saw something through their window...The community where I moved abuts to a large natural park area. Often deer are seen roaming about in the evening. When I went on my late afternoon walk the other day, I saw two deer pressing their noses against my neighbor's window that looks out onto the field. Imagine seeing deer noses "up close and personal" from your back window!

In the Through the Window theme, some of my neighbors saw something through their window...The community where I moved abuts to a large natural park area. Often deer are seen roaming about in the evening. When I went on my late afternoon walk the other day, I saw two deer pressing their noses against my neighbor's window that looks out onto the field. Imagine seeing deer noses "up close and personal" from your back window!

That is so cool.
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

I am trying to imagine an ATC of that.
Hmmmmmm
A window frame and two big black dots?

Cards went in the mail today!

Thanks for letting me know.
I hope your cards arrive in time/by deadline.
When I picked up mail, I had one letter going from Utah to Minnesota taking 7 days, then take another 4 days from the Minnesota collection point to me (in Minnesota)
Almost all mail delivery is taking twice as long mail transit as last year.

Mail is moving slow, and most mail is taking 7-10 days to reach me.
Unfortunately, you have only allowed 4 days, not including a Sunday, during which there is no mail delivery.
I will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Any sign of my cards yet? I thought a month would be enough, but I beginning to think maybe not. :unsure:

I am sure you are concerned, but as of yesterday, your cards had not yet arrived, and there is no mail delivery on Sunday (today).
I will check again tomorrow.

You said you were mailing on the 12th of September, so your cards have been 3 weeks in transit, but mail is slowing down everywhere, and the USPS has just announced an additional mail delivery delay.

I do not receive a lot of mail from the UK, so I cannot tell you what transit is, but mail from Australia takes 3 1/2 to 4 weeks, or longer, almost every letter I get.
Try not to worry.....There are still a few days until due date, so I am hoping your cards will still arrive on time.

Last edited:
Your cards arrived today, gtds10hx.
They are postmarked as being mailed 13 September, so they took exactly 3 weeks to reach me, which, under today's delayed mail transit time, is good time.

itrade to follow

My returns arrived today and they are fabulous! Thanks to Vicki for once again hosting an always enjoyable swap, and to jo.on.the.go, Spottedcrow, and gtds10hx for beautiful art! Off to leave iTrader and you rocks!

It is good to hear that a few returns have already arrived at their new homes.
With all the publicity about mail slowing down, I was concerned, but this is good news.

My returns arrived yesterday.
I have been having great difficulty resetting my password for this site. Finally a friend offered to help. And it appears to ahve worked.
Thanks VivkiZ for hosting this. It was a challenge but also fun.

I received some wonderful returns in yesterday's mail! Thanks to Vicki for hosting this fun swap and to NancyL, stitchinwitch, and allegrae for the fun cards!

Terrific cards received today from :Allegrae, Ancient Planter & Dbuffum.

Thanks VickiZ for another fun swap. itrader for our host and you rocks for players on the way !

Back
Top Bottom