Addicted to ATCs
Media
Swap Due Date: October 3, 2021
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 3, 2021
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome

HAUNTED HOUSES - House Shaped ATC Swap, Due October 13, 2021

This ATC SWAP is for a HOUSE SHAPE with a HALLOWEEN or HAUNTED theme.
This means Haunted Houses, Creepy Condominiums, Ghostly Group Houses, Spooky Skyscrapers, Witches' Warrens, All Scary Houses. But you need a house-shaped design, and a 2 1/2"x 3 1/2" over-all ATC size.

You can try to do real life haunted places that you have actually visited -- Salem Witch House, Lizzie Borden House, Graceland, Abe Lincoln in the White House, Alcatraz, and other prisons.

As you create your ATC HOUSES, use your imagination and be creative! You can use any combination of colors, and inhabitants. Draw or paint. If you wish, add postage stamps, rubber stamping, magazine images, scrapbook papers. You decide!

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! Please send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link. http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 58 cents postage (Letter rates increase August 2021 from 55 cents to 58 cents for 1 ounce), or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 20 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps/money, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 13, 2021. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Please leave iTrader for your host ONLY (me) when you receive your returns, and please take the time to leave Reputation/You Rock points for your fellow players from whom you receive cards.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, please PM me for my address when you sign up or when you are ready to mail.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
RETURNS MAILED10/11

Apparently I have used up all my allotted space on my above/earlier post,

HAUNTED HOUSES / HAUNTED BUILDINGS - Shaped ATC Swap, Due October 13, 2021
This ATC SWAP is for houses or buildings with a haunted theme or a haunted history.
This means Frightening Houses and Awful Asylums, Creepy Condominiums, Ghoulish Gatehouses, Sinister Skyscrapers, Witches' Warrens, Disturbing Dungeons, Ghostly Prisons, Terrifying Towers, Macabre Mansions, Eerie Castles, Ominous Omni Theaters, Horrifying Hospitals, or Haunted Hotels. But you must have a house or building-shaped design, and a 2 1/2"x 3 1/2" over-all ATC size.

You can create your own house or building, shape and style. You can have it look old / haunted. You can add spider webs and/or ghosts peeking out the windows. Or you can have it plain, but spooky.

You can do real life haunted places that you have actually visited -- Salem Witch House, Lizzie Borden House, Winchester House, Graceland, Abe Lincoln in the White House.
You can depict homes and buildings at haunted locations: Salem, Massachusetts, of the Salem Witch Trials; Stanley Hotel where Stephen King wrote his famous book "The Shining", Alcatraz and other prisons.

You can include boats such as the "Queen Mary", the most haunted boat recorded.
Many old buildings and numerous hotels have reports of other-worldly inhabitants.
Tourists often request to stay in the room where ghostly going-ons have been documented.

Don't limit yourself to the United States. Consider the castles in England, the Tower of London, Scottish Castle Kincardine (with its incontinent ghost), or the Campbell Castle Inveraray (with a haunted bedroom that tourists walk into and RUN right back out again), or the Native American burials, or the Incas and the Aztecs.

As you create your ATCs, all media are welcome. Use your imagination and be creative! You can use any combination of colors, styles and inhabitants (ghosts and/or other monsters). Draw or paint or collage. Add postage stamps, rubber stamping, magazine images, scrapbook papers. You decide!

Current Participants:
Haunted Houses/Hotels, House/Building Shaped ATCs

*1. RaineyDay -- Cards Received 9/08
*2. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 8/13
*/. LeonardaDaArtsi -- WITHDREW
3; luckycat479 -- Cards Received 10/08
*4. leydab -- Cards Received 9/10
*/. dbuffum -- WITHDREW
*5. An. M. Sudyka -- Cards Received 8/30
rn6. Monroy28 -- Cards Received 8/21
*7. Rhodora55 -- Cards Received 9/21
*8. Boots -- Cards Received 8/13
*9. jo.on.the.go -- Cards Received 9/15
*10. locatray -- Cards Received 9/21
*11. StitchinWitch -- Cards Received 9/15
*//. catladybj -- WITHDREW
*12. mrubyjean -- Cards Received 9/28
*13. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 8/13
*14. Cleopatra -- Cards Received 9/28
15. TrinaLD -- Cards Received 9/28
*16. pilarfarmer -- Cards Received 10/03

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
I hadn't even noticed that about the date - good catch, plumhill2001!

I have my first 2 done. This year I'm going to concentrate mostly on actual haunted places I've visited (and one or two I may have had a ghostly experience at :twitcy:)

View attachment 224670 - Salem Witch House - the home of Judge Corwin, where some of the women were tortured. Notably haunted!

View attachment 224671 - Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia. I recorded the footsteps of a ghostly guard walking behind me there. Tried "provoking" the spirits on death row, but nothing happened (probably a good thing).

AWESOME cards, Ancient Planter!!!!!!
Thanks for including all the background details....It is all so fascinating!!!

Last edited:
Here are two more -

View attachment 224690 - Lizzie Borden's House. It's a B&B now, and we took a tour of it a few years ago (didn't stay over - totally booked!). The owners at the time (I think they've just sold) said that they believed Lizzie did it, that probably her father had been molesting her and her sister for years and she snapped, and the maid, Bridget, knew Lizzie did it and helped her cover it up. And it is haunted, they said.

View attachment 224691 - Hotel Jeffery, Coulterville, CA. An old hotel built during the CA Gold Rush in gold rush country. We had lunch here several years ago. It's said to be haunted by a gold miner (isn't everything in that area?). I asked our waitress if she'd experienced anything and she said just about every day - silverware rattles and gets moved around, chairs are rearranged, stuff like that. When I just looked it up I saw that it's now permanently closed.

More AWESOME ATCs, Ancient Planter.
Thanks for sharing.
LOVE all the cool places you've been

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom