HAUNTED HOUSES - House Shaped ATC Swap, Due October 3, 2021

Your cards arrived, and they are FAB.
LOVE them all.
Cool "stones" on the chimney stack
How did you create that stonework?

Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

The chimney stack was made from the to go drink cartons (4 slots) from Mc Donald's or Circle K. They have the perfect texture for stone

Last edited:
AWESOME.
I will let you know when they arrive.

Particularly LOVE the Arsenic one!
Thought "Arsenic and Old Lace" was such a cool movie.....they just re-ran it!!!

Last edited:
I would like to join. All of my houses are of the Winchester Mystery House. The house was once the personal residence of Sarah Winchester, the widow of William Wirt Winchester, who developed the famous rifle. Sarah believed that she wouldn't die if she kept building. Her mansion is a sprawling place near where I grew up in San Jose California.

View attachment 225692 Winchester Mystery House #1

View attachment 225693 Winchester Mystery House #2

View attachment 225694 Winchester Mystery House #3

View attachment 225695 Winchester Mystery House #4

I love your Winchester Mystery House haunted houses, Jo! I have a vague memory of going through it when I was about 7, but the main thing I remember was coming out to the car and discovering someone had stolen the license plate off my mom’s car. I remember my mom calling the police and them coming to the WMH parking lot to take a report. I also remember going through Sarah Winchester’s seance room. At 7, I was more frightened of the ghosts than fascinated by the house. I don’t know why I haven’t been there as an adult.

AWESOME cards, jo.on.the.go.
The houses are SPOOK-TACULAR.
You did a fantastic job of drawing them.
You really captured the look and feel of all the spires, towers, and building bends.
Cannot wait to meet them IRL.

I will let you know when they arrive.

Several of you are creating ATCs with images of the Winchester House.
That is sooooo SPOOK-TCULAR!
I am glad it is an historic landmark and open to the public.

In addition to the house's history and spookiness, it has some AWESOME Architecture.
Victorian architecture, Queen Anne style architecture, American Queen Anne style

Last edited:
The weirdest thing about the house, as I remember seeing it years upon years ago, was that all of the servants’ bathrooms were clear glass so that Sarah Winchester always knew what her servants were doing. Of course stairways going nowhere but that led up to ceilings was pretty weird too.

Arising from the lurkers couch to join the swap. My cards will be in the mail tomorrow.

We had fun taking grandkids to the Winchester house.

Back
Top Bottom