ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date – September 30, 2021
Sign-up-by date – None
Withdraw-by date – None; just communicate
Number of Items – 3 for 3
Number of participants: Unlimited
Media: Open (except for digital and photography)

SEPTEMBER WEIRD HOLIDAYS SWAP

Theme

Who knew September could be so weird?

You can celebrate International Bacon Day (Sept. 4), National Policewoman Day (Sept. 12), International Chocolate Day (Sept. 13), or Make a Hat Day (Sept. 15). How about Batman Day (Sept. 18), International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept. 19), Miniature Golf Day (Sept. 21), Save the Koala Day (last Friday of September), or Sea Otter Awareness Week (last week of the month)?

Check out the list of bizarre September holidays on Checkiday (my personal favorite), HolidayInsights or TimeandDate. If you have another reference source, feel free to use it. Choose any 3 holidays or commemorative weeks/months, and create 3 different ATCs that celebrate the weirdness.

Requirements

· Send 3 different cards.
· Your name, user name, swap name, location on the back of each card
· Cards must be ATCs (not APCs).

Media

All media are welcome, except for digital or photography. Please keep cards flat. No bulky embellishments!

Mailing

· Do not send envelopes. I will provide them.
· Include a large self-addressed label.
· PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. My North Babylon, NY, address is correct.

Postage

U.S. players: Please include one forever stamp.
International players: Please include one U.S. global forever stamp or $1. I can also accept PayPal; please contact me for my email address.

Deadlines/iTrader

Cards must be received by Sept. 30, 2021. Please allow sufficient transit time.

A host card is appreciated, but in no way required. If I’ve missed anything here, please PM me.

Players

0. Allegrae
1. loveless
2. dbuffum

3. CastleQueen5
4. 3moffday2
5. Marie
6. cmcarli

Last edited:
Just want to let everyone know that I'm on Long Island (New York), and we're bracing for the hurricane that will hit tonight. We've been told there will be widespread power outages that could last several days to a week. That said, I'll try to stay abreast of thread posts to the best of my ability, but if we lose power I'll be conserving cell/ipad juice. So, bear with me as we hunker down here! Mail may be disrupted for a few days, but we'll emerge as soon as we can!

I made 4 cards, I lost one ugh. So I had to whip up another card that is clearly the hostess card.

1_Weird_Holidays_SEPT.jpg

National dance day, National women's friendship day, Happy cat Month.

So I had now new ideas. The missing one is classical music day, oh well. So I just made up another cat one for the hostess. Fall kitty for Happy cat month.

1_fall_kitty.jpg

just so you know, I am supposed to close on the selling my house SEPT 10th. I am not updating my address til I get it confirmed that the sale is final, and the house we are buying closes. But It does look like my address will change. I would be at my new place in OCT. So all of SEPT is safe to send to Phoenix address.

For this swap I hope it will be able to be sent to my new address in Pearce

Thanks for the update!

just so you know, I am supposed to close on the selling my house SEPT 10th. I am not updating my address til I get it confirmed that the sale is final, and the house we are buying closes. But It does look like my address will change. I would be at my new place in OCT. So all of SEPT is safe to send to Phoenix address.

For this swap I hope it will be able to be sent to my new address in Pearce

Back
Top Bottom