SEPTEMBER Weird Holidays Swap -- Due Sept. 30, 2021

Mail call! Wonderfully weird cards have arrived from CastleQueen5 and 3moffday2.

Loveless these cards are awesome! Skyscraper is my absolute favorite, punctuation is my nemesis. In school my English teacher called me the comma queen. Ack!!! High 5 on a great set!

I’ve had my first 3 done for an age! Whhhhhyyy can’t I just finish up that last card and mail?!? Maybe Sunday… at least there is still plenty of time. Phew!

You have some really vibrant clear images. I gather from a magazine? So my question is, which came first for you in the process. The weird holiday, or the found image? I love them all. I tend to NOT use punctuation when needed in text. So I might want to celebrate and be informed about punctuation.

I love working with mix media collage. I don't get many magazines (I had long made the switched to digital) but I screwed up my courage and asked my hairdresser if I could have their old magazines at the beginning of August. I left the shop with a bagful and they called me days later and gifted me a huge box. I separate the magazines by title and look through them. I tear out images that I find striking (it's getting a bit out of hand and I need to get them more organized). I picked out the holidays that appeal to me and that I know I have images for or can find easily. The background for the punctuation card came from a college alumni mailer. It was so striking I couldn't put it in the recycling bin. There's inspiration everywhere. There's something about this challenge that appeals to this former school book designer. I have my October holidays picked out and can't wait to get started on those cards.

I’ve had my first 3 done for an age! Whhhhhyyy can’t I just finish up that last card and mail?!? Maybe Sunday… at least there is still plenty of time. Phew!

I see I have competition for my crown of the Queen of Procrastination. With those deadlines rushing up at you and the unpredictability of the mail service, I'm getting better at not waiting until the last possible minute on ATC cards.

High 5 loveless! I’m trying to travel that same road. Got three done for weeks! It’s just that pesky fourth that’s dawdling. I even know which holiday I want to do. Maaaaaybe I should stop chatting and start art-ing right now! You have INSPIRED me! Let’s see how it goes! I would say ‘fingers crossed’ but who could create art that way?!?! Haha! :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Is the October swap up yet? I was so excited that I wanted to do OCT when I was working on SEPT. That feeling has passed by the way. I now have a big mess on my desk work area that I need to clear. I should drink my coffee, and get moving on that today.

I am listening to the latest David Baldacci Memory man book, and want to hear more, so that motivates me. I love this series. Ok so if you know this author, he has a few series. One character from another series shows up in this one. It made my day.

Coolio Heather. The hubs reads a lot of Baldacci but hasn’t mentioned this series yet. I too have a mess but mine is on the floor around my desk. So I can continue working IF I can get there through the obstacle course. Bwah ha ha!!! Haven’t seen the October swap yet. Let me go look….

Will post Oct. swap later today and add a link when swap goes live.

Cards have arrived from loveless and dbuffum. Thanks for the host cards!

Mine will post this week. :)

View attachment 225826

Has anyone seen the 2022 every day a holiday ( or similar) around. I used to buy it at A C Moore every year but they don’t exist anymore… And I’ve checked Michaels and they didn’t have any calendars at all… I wonder if I just looked in the wrong place? Anyway if anyone knows what store — besides Amazon— is carrying them this year I would appreciate the heads up. :-)

Back
Top Bottom