Citra Solv Background Swap, Mixed Media Collage, Due October 28th, 2021

it took a FULL clean-up of my studio to find the citri-solv sheets that I made earlier this year. I didn't have National Geographics, but it did work with some other glossy, heavy-papered magazines. I also learned that my alcohol markers would dissolve the remaining ink. Interesting and fun effects. Oh, and please sign me up!

it took a FULL clean-up of my studio to find the citri-solv sheets that I made earlier this year. I didn't have National Geographics, but it did work with some other glossy, heavy-papered magazines. I also learned that my alcohol markers would dissolve the remaining ink. Interesting and fun effects. Oh, and please sign me up!

Great news, LuAnnP! Welcome to the fun!

Last edited:
Well I found a national geographic magazine, and now I can't find the citra solv. MOVING CAN DRIVE YOU CRAZY :twitcy:

How frustrating! So true about moving...and there is always way more stuff than you think! :)

Citra Solv fun!

I finally got caught up and was able to play.
So please sign me up :)

It kind of reminds me of doing tye-dye.
Like you never really know what it will look like till you open it up !

I finally got caught up and was able to play.
So please sign me up :)

It kind of reminds me of doing tye-dye.
Like you never really know what it will look like till you open it up !

Beautiful creations, SpottedCrow! So glad you could join us! :)

I spent last Thursday cleaning the garage and Friday in the tidy swept garage with a National Geograpic and a calendar and citrasolv. Four days layer the pages are still smeary. Should I spray them with fixative or wait longer?

I spent last Thursday cleaning the garage and Friday in the tidy swept garage with a National Geograpic and a calendar and citrasolv. Four days layer the pages are still smeary. Should I spray them with fixative or wait longer?

How interesting. I wonder if that has something to do with humidity? My pages dried so fast that some of them stuck together and I couldn't get them apart. Has anyone else had an issue with drying?

I did hang mine on a clothes line to dry. I think the problem I had was that the surface felt chalky. I covered it with modge podge on my second set. I can't say that was a big help either as, it them created a gel like layer that could peel off. That is on my POE sets. I used the citrasolve backgrounds on my poe sets.

I don't know if I'll be doing this swap or not.

However, I am a fan of Bob Burridge"s weekly Bob Blast You Tube presentations. He gives lots of useful lessons on painting. In his episode #336 he talks about using Citra-Solve. Mostly he discusses using it to clean brushes, but he also touches on using it with National Geographic. You can look up Bob Burridge on your search engine.

I don't know if I'll be doing this swap or not.

However, I am a fan of Bob Burridge"s weekly Bob Blast You Tube presentations. He gives lots of useful lessons on painting. In his episode #336 he talks about using Citra-Solve. Mostly he discusses using it to clean brushes, but he also touches on using it with National Geographic. You can look up Bob Burridge on your search engine.

Thanks for the tip, Jo!

Back
Top Bottom