Citra Solv Background Swap, Mixed Media Collage, Due October 28th, 2021

So I decided to give it a try! I put the citrus goo gone on a few pages and left the magazine in a bag. It made just a few smears, but seemed to totally absorb or evaporate while not doing much. But when i used citrasolv on the rest of the magazine, it immediately made the ink run.

Ahhhh…. So no go on the goo gone. Thanks for trying it out! I have obtained 2 National Geographic’s but still haven’t found citra solv.

My cards are drying and will go in the mail in the next day or so.

View attachment 226332

Creating them felt like an inkblot test at times - hmm, this one looks like a cave, this one looks like the deep sea, this one...

Thank you for introducing me to this technique! I'm happy to have these unique papers in my stash :)

I moved and in my garage I found the bin of NAT Geo magazines. I said YES KEEP THOSE. I knew I had some somewhere. I cant believe the stuff that I stashed away and forgot about. If I had known the magazines were stored in my garage, I sure could have saved myself from the Great NAT GEO search.

My cards are drying and will go in the mail in the next day or so.

View attachment 226332

Creating them felt like an inkblot test at times - hmm, this one looks like a cave, this one looks like the deep sea, this one...

Thank you for introducing me to this technique! I'm happy to have these unique papers in my stash :)

Really wonderful set! Thanks so much for sharing the eye candy! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the technique. :)

I moved and in my garage I found the bin of NAT Geo magazines. I said YES KEEP THOSE. I knew I had some somewhere. I cant believe the stuff that I stashed away and forgot about. If I had known the magazines were stored in my garage, I sure could have saved myself from the Great NAT GEO search.

Hahaha! Glad they turned up, CQ! Sounds like you had a good supply of potential background material. :)

Back
Top Bottom