Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
***Returns mailed on Nov. 4, 2021*****

DUE DATE: NOVEMBER 1, 2021
EL DIA de los MUERTOS
Number of items: 3 for 3
Mixed Media Collage

For this swap, we will create art that relates to the special holiday, El Dia de Los Meurtos. This holiday is NOT a hispanic version of Halloween. It is a two day celebration (November 1-2) of life and a special time for remembering loved ones who have passed from the earthly deminsion while inviting them to join in the fun!

Families and friends join together to celebrate loved ones by playing their favorite music, fixing their favorite food, and decorating an ofrenda (alter) with flowers, photos, sugar skulls and color, inviting their loved one to join them during this time when the veil is most thin. It is a time to offer up prayers to and for the loved ones in spirit.

Day of the Dead (Dia De Los Muertos) is a two day holiday that reunites the living and dead. Families create ofrendas (Offerings) to honor their departed family members that have passed. These altars are decorated with bright yellow marigold flowers, photos of the departed, and the favorite foods and drinks of the one being honored. The offerings are believed to encourage visits from the land of the dead as the departed souls hear their prayers, smell their foods and join in the celebrations!

Day of the Dead is a rare holiday for celebrating death and life. It is unlike any other holiday , a time where mourning is exchanged for celebration.

Here are just some of the ways you can include "Day of the Dead" into your art

* Rubber stamps of sugar skulls
* Hand drawn sugar skulls
* Items for an ofrenda
* Bright colors
* Flowers; especially yellow and orange marigolds
* Items your beloved enjoyed on earth
* Food you would prepare for this celebration
* Any sort of skeleton images, as long as you make them bright and fun.

And I'm sure you can imagine even more! Here is a website if you want more inspiration:
https://dayofthedead.holiday/traditions/10-traditions-that-make-up-day-of-the-dead

I'll keep adding to the list as I think of things and I hope you will feel free to make suggestions when you sign up!

Enjoy combining paper, rubber stamping, embossing, stencils, painting, found poetry, and more. Just keep in mind that flat cards will travel most safely through the mail.

You are limited only by your imagination! Please do your best work and I encourage you to try something new.
[/B]

* The due date is November 1, 2021

* ATCs must be made of sturdy material and precisely 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size. If you have questions joining this swap or mailing your Artist Trading Cards, please refer to this page: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8591

* US players should send a large address label and one US Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes. If you make bulky cards, please send a bit of extra postage if possible.

* International players should send $1 US or 1 US International postage stamp.

* Please share your ATCs on this thread if possible. You will inspire someone else!

PLAYERS: RECEIVED:

Somnia
molly
3moffday2
mrubyjean
aznft
Sarat
leydab
donnacr
JenURebel
SpottedCrow
Suzi
BArox818
LeonardaDaArtsi
KreationsbyKris
MissRich
pilarfarmer

Last edited:
Welcome Sarat! I share your enthusiasm about this holiday! I'd love to see a photo of your ofrenda!

Welcome leydab and Donnacr!

Also welcome to the new lurkers! Hope you turn into players. :)

Back
Top Bottom