It's Canning Season - Due October 14

rhodora55

ATC Novice
Albums
Due Date: October 14
Signup/Withdrawal Date: none, but please notify me by PM if you need to withdraw
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Players: 20
Media: Open, but please keep them relatively flat to cut down on postage.

It's that time of year again for putting up canned goods for winter. I have been thinking a lot recently about my Gran and how she taught me how to can veggies and pickles, and it's about time for me to put up some canned goods myself. Please create 3 canning jar shaped cards featuring your fondest canning memories. No white backgrounds please. Will trade equal efforts as much as possible. Please share your art in the thread if you can.

Attachment 225579

GUIDELINES and MAILING:

- Please PM for my address when cards are ready to mail.
- Place each 2 1/2 x 3 1/2” card in its own plastic sleeve for protection.
- Be sure it qualifies as a “card”, and doesn’t easily bend into a U-shape.
- Please spread evenly within a business size envelope, using Washi or Painters tape (Scotch tape can tear the sleeves).
- Please write your username, real name, state/country, and swap title on the back of each card.
- Please include a self addressed and stamped business size envelope (SASE) for returns. I am in the US so players in other countries please be sure you include the correct postage.
- Host cards are always appreciated, but never required.
- When returns are received, please be sure to leave iTrader for your host, and “You Rock” points for those who created your returns.

Participants:
1. CastleQueen5 (received)
2. Allegrae (received)
3. leydab (received)
5. Suzi (received)
6. Cleopatra (received)
7. ksghost (received)
8. StitchinWitch (received)

Last edited:
I thought that the swap was like a house shaped swap, but instead a mason jar. Most of the Punches and rubber stamps are not 2.5 x3.5.

I was planning on getting the right size background, and cutting a notch on the sides to create a lid. Making the lid metallic, maybe Rounding the top corners of course, then the inside might be strawberries. I dont think I have any other fruit stamps. I could also pull some fruit images from a magazine. I know that Sam's club sent me an advertisement with a big area of blueberries, but alas I threw it away.

I think that I have a canning jar die that is almost the size of an ATC….. but I don’t want to commit to signing up right now, as I am not sure I can finish in time.

Well, I'm going to lurk over here with my old mayo jars and the special tool we used (grandma and me) to make applesauce. Only gravensteins would do for her applesauce. That's all we ever canned.

I was in Italy during the summer of '06 and learned how to can tomato passata, eggplant, zucchini and giardinera with my husband's aunt. I still make my own tomato passata every year.

I'm going to try to make mine soon to show samples. I basically Google'd a free Mason Jar outline image and resized an image to ATC size to use as a template.

Back
Top Bottom