Postage stamp ATCs - ORGANISATIONS Due: November 20

My cards should go out Tuesday. Love what I'm seeing so far!

Attachments

• 2021PSOrg.jpg
    2021PSOrg.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
They just raised the rates now they tell us it will be slower. I also read this morning they are considering going into the banking/bill paying business. Methinks they should fix what they have before adding anything else.

welcome to AngelJoy and Seascape131 - it looks like we will be a small and select group for this swap.

I still have to check with my Post Office but we have been told that the US may stop mail to Australia all together for a while. They are citing lack of carriers between the 2 countries but our Prime Minister is trying to re-open International travel so. . .

Australian Post Offices have always been mini banks - able to accept deposits, cash your pay cheque and pay many utilities bills (electricity, water, phone, etc). They are also where you go to apply for a passport and have your photo taken for it and many other oddities.

I would like to join. Here are my cards. I will mail them tomorrow.

View attachment 226209 - American Gold Star Mothers: a private nonprofit organization of American mothers who lost sons or daughters in service of the United States Armed Forces.

View attachment 226210 - Boy Scouts of America #1: founded in 1910. It is one of the largest youth organizations in the United States, with about 1.2 million youth participants.

View attachment 226211 - Boy Scouts of America #2

View attachment 226212 - Campfire Girls: now called "Camp Fire" and currently co-ed.

And the rest

View attachment 226213 Girl Guides of Australia: affiliated with the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. Over a million Australian women are or have been Guides.

View attachment 226214 SEATO: Southeast Asia Treaty Organization. SEATO was an international organization for collective defense of Southeast Asia created by the Manila Pact and signed 8 September 1954. Of the eight member countries, only two (Thailand and the Philippines) were located in SE Asia. Other members were US, UK, France, New Zealand, Australia, and Pakistan.

View attachment 226215 World Forestry Congress: The World Forestry Congress meets every six years since 1926, under the auspices of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. It provides guidelines for national forestry policies.

Last edited:
welcome to AngelJoy and Seascape131 - it looks like we will be a small and select group for this swap.

I still have to check with my Post Office but we have been told that the US may stop mail to Australia all together for a while. They are citing lack of carriers between the 2 countries but our Prime Minister is trying to re-open International travel so. . .

I just read your post. I do hope my cards get you to. They went out on Sept. 28th. Fingers crossed!

people are finding the best organisation stamps - many of them totally unknown to me. LOVE the cards that are being created!
I will tell people when their cards arrive.

Back
Top Bottom