Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Twelve Days of Christmas - Due December 7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weighed them and checked postage? That was it last year, right? They claimed you needed 35 more cents postage or some such tiny amount?

Mailed October 19?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to join, please and thank you.
    "Art is too important not to share."
    --Romero Britto

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking for now. I have not done any ACTs for months but this appeals so much. A great way to get back into creating.

4. Likes LeonardaDaArtsi liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome locatray, I’ll add you right away.

And enjoy your lurk dithespy, I’d love to have you join us.

xstitcher is offline Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Weighed them and checked postage? That was it last year, right? They claimed you needed 35 more cents postage or some such tiny amount?

Mailed October 19?
    I took them inside to the post office on 10-19, pretty early in the day so I knew they would go out then. I think our pickup time on the box is 3:30.

They had 2 forever stamps which was more than needed so if they come back postage due again I am not going to be happy. And it will be the last time I try and send them anywhere!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness! Sending positive vibes!
    Last edited by Marie; 11-01-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to join

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome April2730, I’ll add you right now.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rhodora55 your awesome collection has arrived! I’m still admiring them! I really love the antiquing and gold accents, and the sturdiness is awesome. These are such lovely little pieces of art! The sheet music showing through the layers is a perfect touch. Well done!!

THANK YOU for the extra postage stamp you enclosed as a hostess gift! That was very sweet of you!
    Last edited by Marie; 11-02-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Note to players: This set arrived $2.56 POSTAGE DUE even though the player had applied 3 forever stamps. The issue is not always the weight, but rather the thickness of the envelope. If you turn the cards longways and layer you can get six to an envelope-length,which makes two layers and mails as an envelope easily. This player used cut page sleeves which fits 3 to an envelope-length resulting in 4 layers which makes a lovely well packaged package (which is charged at a much higher package rate) because of that extra thickness. Please keep thickness in mind when mailing in your cards so neither of us gets a higher-than-expected postage charge.

Attachment 226852
    Last edited by Marie; 11-02-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Covid has struck our household so it's with a heavy heart I will need to withdraw from this swap.

Look forward to seeing all the wonderful cards everyone makes in the gallery!
    Artists are people that learn to live with doubt and do the work anyway! - Julia Cameron

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no cheezy!!! Praying you’ll all be well. Sending healthy vibes your way. (( hugs))

14. Thanks Cheezyblasters thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 weeks and counting since I mailed my cards.

I did package them 6 across with tape, as Marie suggested, instead of the pocket sleeves so it was not as thick.

4 weeks to go so there is still hope. Keeping fingers crossed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll keep a watch for them MaryAnn. I know they said two forever stamps was not enough postage last year… and there’s more in the envelope this time…. Keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe we’ll get lucky.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why 2 stamps were OK for me and someone told you it was not enough.

Mine was not thick or rigid so it was not considered a package.

You would think every post office had the same postage rules. Maybe some employees have different ideas of how to apply them.

Another thing.... Marie, you received an envelope with postage due of $2.56 this year. I assume you had to go to the post office to pay before they would let you have the item. How did you know it was there?

Last year (after a long time) mine came back to me (was left in my mailbox) with a .35 postage due sticker.

Wonder who decides which place the postage due item ends up?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    “Not sure why 2 stamps were OK for me and someone told you it was not enough.”

MaryAnn I was referring to you telling me your envelope came back because you had .35 cents postage due last time.

“You would think every post office had the same postage rules. Maybe some employees have different ideas of how to apply them.”

That’s the million dollar question, right? It’s all supposed to be the same but it doesn’t seem to work out that way. Last year, as in every swap, I had the postal worker weigh and set postage on every. Single. Envelope… but sure enough, one player ended up having to pay around $2 to collect their returns. Why? No idea. USPS here said the amount I used was exactly right… USPS there said ‘insufficient postage’. So who knows? I know I never guess and that usually, but not always works.

“Another thing.... Marie, you received an envelope with postage due of $2.56 this year. I assume you had to go to the post office to pay before they would let you have the item. How did you know it was there?”

Generally if the amount due is .50 or less the carrier leaves it in my mailbox with a note on the envelope. Next day I put the change in the mailbox (in a baggie) and it’s all good. Larger amounts they leave a ‘sorry we missed you’ card, stating postage due, and I take this to the post office, pay the postage and pick up the envelope. I had to pay $4 for a postcard once, because they decided it was a package. (It didn’t bend) Oy…

“Last year (after a long time) mine came back to me (was left in my mailbox) with a .35 postage due sticker.
    Wonder who decides which place the postage due item ends up?”

Individual postal workers is my guess. Possibly also depends on how far it’s traveled already? If it’s closer to recipient it moves forward and if it’s closer to sender it goes back? Maybe?

Never knew of one that went back except yours, but I’ve had quite a few arrive here ‘postage due’ and I’m always happy to pay it because they couldn’t predict they would happen, right? USPS has gotten much better since last year, but certain post offices seem to be super stricter.
    Last edited by Marie; 11-10-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent my cards Marie. I think I did three stamps. It is the thickness that is sometimes the problem, you are so right. Over a 1/4 inch can move into "package" territory. If mine arrives needing more postage, please advise me and I will pay you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for offering. I doubt it will come to that, at least I hope not. I hosted this swap last year 95% of the envelopes sailed through fine. One artist in Texas(?), I recall, had problems with literally at least half of her art mail in general. To the point where she had to file with USPS for an investigation to be done. Her case seemed actually personal.

MaryAnn, remember how your mail carrier said they couldn’t deliver because your dog was out?!? And you only have a teeny weeny dog? That basically stays inside?

I’ve been reading last years thread again. Good times!

21. Likes angelmuz liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do!

At least once a week I would not get mail and the next day it would come with a hand written "dog out". I have a chihuahua.

I still don't get mail everyday even though the app says I should. A couple of weeks ago I think it was 3 days before I got mail. I see the postal truck on the block everyday so not sure why they skip me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right?!?! Soo strange. But then again, a couple of weeks ago I was running some mail out to my mailbox and just missed the mailman. I saw him about four houses up, turned around to go back in the house and heard a car behind me, he had seen me running out to meet him and turned around and came all the way back to my house, pulled up in my driveway and accepted my mail from my hand. That made me feel pretty excited about the USPS that day :-) Some mail carriers are so nice and go out of their way to do good for you. I’ve had some phenomenal mail carriers over the years… And then there’s Chihuahua man… Shaking my head