Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Twelve Days of Christmas - Due December 7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you do with cancelled envelopes is phenomenal. And how many it must have taken to do the 12 days of Christmas. Love your whole set!

2. Likes locatray liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    JoyceG your lovely cards arrived today! So pretty!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!

5. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up for this swap. Focal images I used are from a printout of the Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas cross stitch kit...I plan on buying the kit and actually doing it in cross stitch.
    Mailed out today with tracking.
    9500 1154 8417 1326 1738 71

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What fun! I just finished two cross-stitched crib quilts for the twins… added the final name today. It will be after Christmas probably before I embroider again. Good luck if you decide to take it on, and welcome to the swap!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kehlenn your cards are already here! That was lightening fast! Thanks so much for extra bits! Exciting!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cards are due here in my hands in 11 days. Let’s get those last few sets in the mail.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LuAnnP your simply gorgeous cards arrived today! I’m putting them in the basket right now. Just beautiful!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    LuAnnP your simply gorgeous cards arrived today! Iím putting them in the basket right now. Just beautiful!
    Thanks for letting me know they arrived. I was in a BIG hurry to get them in the mail. Your host card will arrive later.... still trying to figure it out!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did great, with art and speed! High 5!

13. Thanks LuAnnP thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

I must opt out, so very sad to say

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Of course you may Food&Art, there are exactly 3 weeks left. Iíll add you right away. Welcome to the 12 days swap!
    I've just had a (work) schedule change that unfortunately won't allow me the time I need to finish last minute details and prepare for mailing & send cards to meet the deadline.
    Btw, being new to ATCsforall, I was hoping/looking for a follow-up note from my host Marie, with guidelines specific to The 12 Days trade, including a private chat spot for dialog regarding my personal creative choices & options plus a mailing address. (Is that the normal procedure?)
    Will I be able to view the results?! That would make me so happy😊
    Have Very Fun. I'll be looking at other opportunities to join a trade soon. Food&Art

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Candace, let me see if I can help you out. First thing, I’ll be glad to remove you from the swap listing, no worries there. Second thing, let me address your (previously unvoiced) expectations.
    Guidelines specific to the 12 Days swap are listed in the swap description. In the case of this swap you’ll see a. No paper thin cards b. No chunky elements c. Each card must be enclosed in a protective sleeve. Also you’ll see there, carefully listed, which version of the 12 Days we are using … as there are variations. That’s about all I asked for as I wanted players to be free to create what they wanted.
    I’m not sure what a private chat spot is? Although I hope you can see from the fact that I’m answering you now, that had you asked any questions I would gladly have answered them.
    Normally a player is not given the hosts address until they have completed their cards and request an address for mailing. There’s no reason to send every person who signs up an address. Only those who actually do complete and have something to mail. Does that make sense? This IS the normal procedure. As far as results, you can certainly continue viewing the thread ( that’s where you are now) and will see here any cards posted by their creators. In addition, after all cards are swapped I normally post a Gallery Wall in the SWAP GALLERY section of this website. If you look in the swap description you’ll find a link to last years Gallery Wall. I’ll post another when all cards are here this year and will provide a link to it here in the thread as soon as it’s posted. I think I answered all your questions. If not please ASK them, and I’ll try again. There are guideline FAQ’s for new players. I’ll see if I can find that link and post it for you as well. Once you’re familiar with the way things work here, jump in again! It’s loads of fun, and hosts are always willing to answer questions. Other players will be glad to provide guidance too… but we have to know that you need it. If you read through this thread…or a few other threads… you’ll see how the conversation flows. Sorry you’re missing out this time, but don’t let that spoil your fun. You’ll find loads of other opportunities in the forums.
    Last edited by Marie; Yesterday at 11:34 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Candace,
    I found the FAQ link for you snd am adding it here. FAQ LINK

Reading through it I DO see where it says the host will send you a ‘ swap guide or their mailing address’ after you sign up so I can see where you would be confused. I’m unfamiliar with ‘swap guide’ and generally addresses are not sent until needed, but please start with this link and see if your questions are answered there. Come back and ask if you think of any others, and happy swapping!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Lazy LuAnn put her cards on Instagram....

The thought of re-sizing and uploading TWELVE images to the gallery sounds daunting today.

So I put up my Twelve Days of Christmas on Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4jQeGAIWU/

Thanks to all who post their ATCs here on the board. I really enjoy seeing them!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea! They look so good too! I have a hard time getting colors to show up so vividly on black, but you did GREAT!