The Twelve Days of Christmas - Due December 7

What fun! I just finished two cross-stitched crib quilts for the twins… added the final name today. It will be after Christmas probably before I embroider again. Good luck if you decide to take it on, and welcome to the swap!

Kehlenn your cards are already here! That was lightening fast! Thanks so much for extra bits! Exciting!

LuAnnP your simply gorgeous cards arrived today! I’m putting them in the basket right now. Just beautiful!

LuAnnP your simply gorgeous cards arrived today! I’m putting them in the basket right now. Just beautiful!

Thanks for letting me know they arrived. I was in a BIG hurry to get them in the mail. Your host card will arrive later.... still trying to figure it out!:twitcy:

Hi Candace, let me see if I can help you out. First thing, I’ll be glad to remove you from the swap listing, no worries there. Second thing, let me address your (previously unvoiced) expectations.
Guidelines specific to the 12 Days swap are listed in the swap description. In the case of this swap you’ll see a. No paper thin cards b. No chunky elements c. Each card must be enclosed in a protective sleeve. Also you’ll see there, carefully listed, which version of the 12 Days we are using … as there are variations. That’s about all I asked for as I wanted players to be free to create what they wanted.
I’m not sure what a private chat spot is? Although I hope you can see from the fact that I’m answering you now, that had you asked any questions I would gladly have answered them.
Normally a player is not given the hosts address until they have completed their cards and request an address for mailing. There’s no reason to send every person who signs up an address. Only those who actually do complete and have something to mail. Does that make sense? This IS the normal procedure. As far as results, you can certainly continue viewing the thread ( that’s where you are now) and will see here any cards posted by their creators. In addition, after all cards are swapped I normally post a Gallery Wall in the SWAP GALLERY section of this website. If you look in the swap description you’ll find a link to last years Gallery Wall. I’ll post another when all cards are here this year and will provide a link to it here in the thread as soon as it’s posted. I think I answered all your questions. If not please ASK them, and I’ll try again. :) There are guideline FAQ’s for new players. I’ll see if I can find that link and post it for you as well. Once you’re familiar with the way things work here, jump in again! It’s loads of fun, and hosts are always willing to answer questions. Other players will be glad to provide guidance too… but we have to know that you need it. If you read through this thread…or a few other threads… you’ll see how the conversation flows. Sorry you’re missing out this time, but don’t let that spoil your fun. You’ll find loads of other opportunities in the forums. :)

Last edited:
Hi again Candace,
I found the FAQ link for you snd am adding it here. FAQ LINK

Reading through it I DO see where it says the host will send you a ‘ swap guide or their mailing address’ after you sign up so I can see where you would be confused. I’m unfamiliar with ‘swap guide’ and generally addresses are not sent until needed, but please start with this link and see if your questions are answered there. Come back and ask if you think of any others, and happy swapping!

Good idea! They look so good too! I have a hard time getting colors to show up so vividly on black, but you did GREAT!

I am beginning to think I am not supposed to play in the swap!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I resent them and they are still not there. If they don't find their way to Marie or back to me again I hope whoever has them enjoys them.

No worries MaryAnn, your cards actually arrived here today. They’re quite pretty! And since the swap this year is smaller than last, everyone will get one! How cool is that? I think you’ll be delighted with the art you receive in return too. All the cards have been exceptional this year!

Last edited:
Good to hear they finally made it!

Looking forward to my returns. I sure hope they get here sooner than mine got to you.

There have been lots of lovely cards posted so I know everyone I get will be wonderful!!

LuAnnP thank you for the adorable hostess card that has arrived all on its own! How clever! It’s like “The Twelve Days of Christmas, Condensed!” You got them ALL in there! Wowowow! So cool! You’ve got skills girl!

Cards will be going out Monday! Get ready!!! You’re all going to be tickled with the variety in your returns!

We’re going to a play tonight, “Every Christmas Story Ever Told, and Then Some!” It makes me think of this swap. This is going to be fun!

You may be waiting just a bit. Returns actually mailed this morning. :) I realized when I went to swap them that for every player to a card from every other player we need NOT 12 players, but twelve OTHER players. So I spent a day making an extra set. NOW every player will receive exactly one card from every other player… except from me. You’ll get two cards from me but they are completely different. Hopefully our gallery wall will be up soon to give you a bit of a peek. Boy this swap was fun!!

Back
Top Bottom