Yule Be Happy - Due December 21, 2021

Here's a Yule Log, a traditional aspect of the Yule Holiday.

View attachment 226884

The tradition of the Yule log began in Norway, where a giant log was hoisted onto the hearth to celebrate the return of the sun each year. One ritual is to have each family member write down wishes, place them in the log, and then burn it in the fireplace.

By the way, there are lots of yummy sounding recipes for a Yule Log cake on line. When I was a child my mother used to make one for us.

Last edited:
Jo. Good theme. I have started drawing my cards, i am kind of into this theme, it is different for me and I think I will make some extras just for trading. I have some Irish and British, probably some Celtic in me. Having fun.

I'll lurk too. I hope to up production over the Thanksgiving break but for now life has been getting in the way. I feel like I'm in the scene change of old movies where the calendar pages fly off one by one in rapid succession.

The Stonehenge one is based on a photo I found on the internet (all my own photos of Stonehenge are on slides, packed away). You mentioned you usually do a head-on drawing of Stonehenge, but I found this angle to be a lot easier to draw than head-on (which I tried and it didn't turn out right) :twitcy:

I decided to go with Stonehenge in winter. I put one of the cards into my gallery, hopefully it will show here if I link it right? It is watercolour.

1_Stonehenge_1_ATC_cropped_small.jpg

I love your art, Seascape131! The one with the girl and the owl reminds me of this book I'm reading, a true story of a young woman who rescues a baby owl and raises it. It's injured so it can't be released back into the wild. Adorable!

Back
Top Bottom