NOVEMBER Weird Holidays Swap -- Due Nov. 30, 2021

First batch of wonderful cards has arrived from leydab! Thanks for the host card!

Wonderfully weird cards have arrived from dbuffum. Thanks for the host card!

OK so I hate to do this, but I have to with draw, the cards I got on Amazon are playing card texture and they do NOT hold pencil and colored pencil well, the card I made looks horrendous because erasing makes everything muddy.

OK so I hate to do this, but I have to with draw, the cards I got on Amazon are playing card texture and they do NOT hold pencil and colored pencil well, the card I made looks horrendous because erasing makes everything muddy.

Don't get discouraged. Cut out some cardboard or bristol board and fully realize your design.
I lurked for the longest time and jumped in.
Everyone here is so encouraging and supportive.
I'd love to see your work included!

(I ordered some blank playing cards but haven't used them yet. Maybe I'll get inspired by yours.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4CZQ14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you have some multi-media paper you can glue that on top of cardboard (like from a cereal box) and that works great, too! :) I hope you'll give it a shot.

You can do it Alanacat! If you rough up the paper a bit with fine sandpaper and gesso over it you can use acrylic paints well. Or use them as a base to glue stick a better quality paper over. I can feel your frustration… and I’m sending success vibes your way! You’ve got this!

I decided to scan October's cards for the Swap Gallery. Will try to do this every month. Link here.

Back
Top Bottom