ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date:–December, 30, 2021
Signup/withdraw Date: None..just communicate
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants:– Unlimited
Media:– Open media
Theme: Self Portraits/identity

For this swap, you will be creating self portraits, but with a bit of a twist. Rather than simply depicting your face on the card, you'll be also incorporating a bit of your identity. In your self portraits, tell us a little bit about yourself. We should be able to learn something about you by being shown such in the imagery.
For example, Im a self-proclaimed weirdo and a space-nerd, so I depicted myself as part alien as seen below.

Its totally ok to be comical or even a bit abstract, for example:
  • if you're a bit of an airhead, show us a balloon where your face should be.
  • A bit of a hot-head? show us smoke coming out of your ears.
  • If "you are what you eat" were true, what would you look like?
  • If you see yourself as. magical being, perhaps you could ride a unicorn.

Dream on:
Always wanted to try the pirate life? Give yourself an eyepatch and a Jolly Roger.
Want to be famous? Put yourself on stage.
Wish you could fly? Give yourself wings... or put your face on a bird's body.

Or be more literal:
  • Have a pet bird? Have it perched on your shoulder.
  • Really love your car? Put yourself behind the wheel.
  • Not a morning person? Perhaps show yourself looking a bit disheveled holding a coffee.
  • Show yourself at your job, enjoying your favorite hobby, food or drink, totally in your element.

Be creative, the possibilities are endless... Have fun, try different mediums, and be sure to show us YOU!

Card Guidelines:
Each card standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
Each card must be original and unique.
Any embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight.
Each card should be on a sturdy background and must be in an individual plastic sleeve
Label each card with at least swap name and your username....real name, title of card, your location and date are also a good idea to add

Mailing Guidelines:
~Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
~Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
~If mailing from the U.S., 1 Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns unless they're bulky.
~If you are mailing internationally, please provide either a U.S. Global Forever stamp or a well-concealed $1 bill.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards and no communication will result in neutral iTrader. You may withdraw any time before the due date, but also be aware of slower than usual shipping times around the holidays.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required.
*Please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and You Rocks! for the artists that created your return cards when you receive them.

Players:
Barox818
Elliejaybird
LuAnnP
Castlequeen5
leydab
pilarfarmer

Attachments

• D721BA43-DC81-4191-8E09-1FFBE12FC791.jpg
    D721BA43-DC81-4191-8E09-1FFBE12FC791.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Well.... I have been TRYING to think of three different "me's" to draw.... but if I think too hard I will take away all the fun. So please sign me up and then I will actually START DRAWING!!!:twitcy:

The first self portrait....

I am trying to think of FOUR different slants for these...

But here is the first:

1_1030_self_portrait_yes_opt.jpg

and here are the other two:

"Self Portrait: Torn"
started out as a simple sketch, white Posca pen on Stonehenge Black paper, but then I tore it and re-assembled it. (Hard to tell at this resolution)

1_1031_self_portrait_c_torn_opt.jpg

Grandma Van: Storyteller
Finally, I was so delighted with this one that I made TWO of them, virtually identical since it is printed images collaged onto paper. My two favorite things to do are make ATCs and do stories with my grandkids. (Via FaceTime!) So this card joins the two. There is a little pocket, and in the pocket is a tiny "minizine." This was SO much fun to make! That's what I love about these swaps: they prompt me to make ATCs that I would never have come up with otherwise!

1_1033_grandmavan_storyteller_b_opt.jpg

Last edited:
Luann your cards arrived over the weekend. Very cool ideas and the mini zines are such a treat. Thanks for the hostie. I will let you know which one I choose

Back
Top Bottom