Inspired by Surrealism—Dali, Magritte, Ernst, Carrington & more. Due January 7, 2022

sarat

Still dreaming...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Inspired by Surrealism—Dali, Magritte, Ernst, Carrington & more. Due January 7, 2022

Swap due date: January 7, 2022
Medium: Mixed media, collage, HD/HP but please no stickers, photos or digital art

Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 25 maximum
Inspired by Surrealism—Dali, Magritte, Ernst, Carrington and more

Another inspired swap. The first for 2022. This time it is Surrealism.. The above artists represent surrealist artists, but choose any of these or find your own artist. Surrealism was developed in Europe after World War 1. Its artists painted unnerving, illogical scenes, creating strange creatures from everyday objects, and developing painting techniques that allowed the unconscious to express itself

You can try one artist or several. The idea is to be inspired by their style, message, genre.
Make three different inspired cards. The style and medium can be the same for all three or you can mix it up as you choose.

Medium
Mixed media, collage, HD/HP

Use your artistic skills and feel free to use your imagination and unique style. All cards must be original (i.e., no prints or copies).
Most of all---Have fun!!!

Requirements:
*All cards should be standard 3.5” X 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
*Cards should be flat enough to fit in plastic sleeves.
*Send cards in plastic sleeves.
*Withdraw early if you can’t do the swap, late cards may be returned if they can’t be swapped out.

Mailing and postage:
*PM me for my address when you are ready to send cards.
* Make sure your user name, location and swap name appear on the back of your ATC’s.
*Include your username on your SASE.

* International participants: I will pay postage for first 10 players. Please include a SASE.
*US participants: Include a stamped self-addressed envelope or stamps

Returns: When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for players.
An extra card for the host is always appreciated but not required.

Anyone want to play?

1. Elliejaybird: USAReceived
2. BArox818: USA:Received
3. LazyShadows : GreeceReceived
4. Spottedcrow: USA: Received
5. Redplantlady: Uk: Received
6. cmcarli: USA: Received
7. BlueAngel: USA: Received
8. Leydab: USA: Received
9. Dracoantares:USA:Received
10. Arc2dreams: USA: Withdrew
11. Lori H.: USA: Received
12. tdapra13:USA:Received
13. mh.sketch:USA:Received
14. Origami Grace: USA:Received
15. Jessiblack: USA:Received

Last edited:
So glad you joined in. Yikes! I didn't realize you had hosted the surrealism theme just a few months back. I have been hosting artist inspired swaps for several years and there are so many themes, artists and genres to pick. Mmmmm...maybe I should have picked another inspired genre.

I hosted one a few months back.... I'm expecting the same group of people will likely join yours...
Expect some amazing work!

I'd love to join as a player this time!

Mine was more generalized and not "artist-inspired" (surrealist scenes) but the players loved it so much we did a 2nd one... (based on elements of nature) A lot of players wanted a 3rd so Im sure they will be so excited to join yours as well.

So glad you joined in. Yikes! I didn't realize you had hosted the surrealism theme just a few months back. I have been hosting artist inspired swaps for several years and there are so many themes, artists and genres to pick. Mmmmm...maybe I should have picked another inspired genre.

I need to lurk for now but am looking forward to some days off around Thanksgiving and Christmas break!
Days off to spend in my studio!!!

Surrealism Fun

These are so much fun. Once I get started it is hard to stop! Hope you like them.

Look- magazine images, and dover collage book.

Grab it-collage book images, bug book, magazine

Hands full- magazine images

Ugly fish- collage book image, magazine image, star book image

Back
Top Bottom