Collections of Animals - Murder, Pride, Crash! Due January 17th.

pancake machine

The Dude abides
Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: January 17th, 2022
Withdrawal deadline: none, but please communicate!
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Media: Open

Collections of Animals - open media - due January 17th.

This swap is for groups or collections of animals. In the middle ages, it would seem there was a guide that had rather fanciful names for animal groups. This has expanded over time, to have names for various animal collections. Some are pretty well known, such as a murder of crows or pride of lions. However, there are lots of fun ones out there.

Three examples of places to find animal collection names:
Maquarie Dictionary
Wikipedia
USGS Wildlife Center (archived)

Click image for larger version. My 3 examples are:
A smack of jellyfish
A crash of rhinos
A wake of vultures

1_20211112_073358_copy_558x786.jpg 1_20211112_073249_copy_553x807.jpg 1_20211112_073328_copy_604x856.jpg

Swap Requirements ~
1. Each card must have at least 3 of the animals on your card to make it a collection.
2. All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
3. This swap is 3 for 3. An extra card for the host is always welcome and appreciated, but completely optional.

More about card design:
*You can reference the term or not. So my rhino card references a crash of lightening along with the rhinos, but my other 2 cards are just a straight up group of animals.
*There are lots of lists of animal collections. If you find one online from a different source, that is fine. These are all rather playful lists to begin with. Heck, if you are feeling clever and want to make up a collection name, that could be fun too. But, if you make up your own, mention that on the back of your card.

List of animals received so far.

Other stuff

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written mailing label and stamp. This is what I prefer. If you send a SASE I'll use it, but not my first choice.
* International Participants - Please send a mailing label and I will cover postage. Again, I'll take an envelop, but not my first choice.
*Late cards past a day or so will be returned.
*I mostly try to swap effort for effort, but this is dependent on the cards I receive.

*When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. Also, in your rep points, naming which card you received is nice, since people like to know where their artworks end up.

I will color code when I receive cards from players (red) and then when I hear back that you've received your returns you will go purple.

Participants:
1. Smallgirl
2. jo.on.the.go
3. Elliejaybird
4. Spotted Crow
5. Pilarfarmer
6. NancyL
7. Betsyg
8. Plumhill2001
9. Huddlestonmollie
10. Montanadawn
11. LaffQueen
12. Ancient Planter
13. Miss
14. LuAnnP
15. OrigamiGrace
16. Leydab
17. CiCicreates
18. JenUrebel
19. TSMarie
20. Dracoantares
21. Somnia
22. withdrew
23. mrubyjean

etc...

Last edited:
Elliejaybird, jo.on.the.go, and smallgirl, welcome to the Enclave!

Lurkers welcome CiCi and MET, hope to have you join.

Excellent! Welcome Spotted Crow!

Plumhill and Ancient Planter, hope to have you join the enclave in the future!

I made a list of all the animal rubber stamps I have and then looked up their group names. What a fun research project. Now I have to pick only 4 animals. That will be the hardest part of this swap.

I've got you added Nancy! And yes, I find all of these delightfully goofy. I drifted between a number of different animals before I chose mine. What ultimately hooked me was the smack of jellyfish.

Yes, these group names are great fun! Some make perfect sense, and some are a little bewildering!

I wasn't sure I could pull off drawing baboons, but that one is pretty magnificent!

Betsy the G! glad to have you on board.

Back
Top Bottom