ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date – April 1, 2022
Signup/withdraw Date – None; please just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 : 3 or 6 : 6
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Media – Mixed Media/Collage
Theme – Maps of any type!!!

I love maps of all types - old, new, road, topographical, physical, political, climate, celestial, etc. The guidelines for this swap are simply that all cards must contain a visible section of map on it. Anything else is up to your own creative expression! This is a repeat of a swap I did almost two years ago and it was AWESOME. This year the due date is the day of my retirement - YAY!

Note to players: When I swap out cards I am very careful to swap cards that were obviously well thought out with others of similar quality. I do not swap randomly ever. If you have been in one of my previous swaps you will know this and hopefully appreciate my thoughtfulness for your efforts! For example please don't send a map with a sticker or stamp on it with all cards practically identical. That makes it really hard to find a swap for you unless enough people do exactly the same thing. Which I hope you don't. The last map swap I hosted was awesome and I hope this one will be too. So happy collaging! Please feel free to send me a private message if you're unsure or for any type of question...

Guidelines:

1. Each card must be a standard size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
2. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve.
3. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, and your location.

Mailing Guidelines:

1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading them over the space of the envelope.
2. Tape your cards together or onto a sturdy background when mailing, using an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape to avoid damaging them.
3. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your returns.
4. If you are mailing internationally, please provide a global "forever" stamp or a $1 bill for your returns.

When you are ready to mail your cards, please private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.

iTraders are given by me to all players on the same day that I swap the cards out. Please make sure to leave an iTrader in turn for your host (me!) when you receive your cards, and leave "you rocks" for your fellow players from whom you have received cards.

I LOVE and treasure host cards, but of course it is not a requirement to play in the swap!

Okay, who wants to play?

vegan4animals
middleearthtraveller - rec'd
Betsyg - rec'd
Tess True Heart - rec'd
Allegrae - rec'd
RaineyDay - rec'd
Elliejaybird - rec'd

SpottedCrow - rec'd
pancake machine - rec'd
Cleopatra - rec'd
BluSkyHare - rec'd
Haagmm - rec'd
luckycat479 - rec'd

JenUrebel - rec'd
leydab - rec'd
akimbo - rec'd
Dsign49 - rec'd
Blastie - rec'd
plumhill2001 - rec'd
Laffqueen - rec'd

Mushu - rec'd
AngelJoy - rec'd
huddlestonmollie - rec'd
Asher - rec'd
goatgoddess - rec'd
nanvan - rec'd
autumnleavz - rec'd
HHC - rec'd
BlancoLobo - rec'd
nancyjb - rec'd
Seascape131 - rec'd
Softawoo - rec'd
CreativeK - rec'd
miss - rec'd
joellie - rec'd

Last edited:
WOW I am so happy to see some fellow map lovers! I just got the most amazing book from a thrift store for $2 from National Geographic (All Over the Map - A Cartographic Odyssey) and it's full of maps that I never even imagined. Just beautiful. The best $2 I ever spent! I am going to post some on this swap periodically for your viewing pleasure! In the meantime, welcome to you all! Tess True Heart, is this your first swap? My first swap was a map swap! This is going to be very exciting!

Last edited:
DSCN0583.jpg
DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

This is a map illustrating the many paths of the Mississippi River over the past 6,000 years. Geologist Harold Fisk was contracted by the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1944 in an effort to control the unruly river. Fisk and his team of four geologists spent more than two years traversing the valley, studying the landscape and poring over aerial photos and old topographic maps to find evidence of abandoned river channels. The result is this gorgeous cartographic study.

The first image is a close up, the second is the complete map, and the third is one of my dogs, Ginger. Just making sure you are paying attention!

Please add me.
We love maps. In our hall way, we have maps of places we've been---Tasmania, Australia and New Zealand. And a world map.

I've got 2 done already, have an idea for a third, so please sign me up!

(well, technically I did the one before you announced the swap, but all the time I was doing it I was thinking about the Map it swap from before, so it seems fitting to add it.) I'll post them after I get some work done.

Back
Top Bottom