I Remember My First Time~Due April 15, 2022

Wow, Marie, you certainly sent me down memory lane with this swap theme...although it was more like a memory race track once I started looking at my old picture files and ATC notebooks! My first swap was also on the old site in November 2007. It was called "Play on Words" and was hosted by Janiselain, an artist whom I was lucky enough to meet in person as we both lived in the Pacific Northwest (then).
I notice that my artwork from 15 years ago :swoon: was simpler and I used a lot more rubber stamps.

The second swap I joined was "Wire Wire Pants on Fire" hosted by Bluellen and it was just up my alley as I was doing a lot of wire jewelry work back then. I am still pretty impressed with my crab and peacock.

The first swap I hosted was "Trees with Personality" in 2009.
I think it would actually be a fun swap to run again.

Anyway, thanks for caring about the memories.
I will lurk and figure out if I am inspired to update my first cards.

Hi mrubyjean, glad to share a peek at your journey with you! I’m enjoying your idioms! Let’s see…. “I have butterflies in my stomach “… “Don’t Mince Words”… and “Dressed to the Nines”. Did I get them?
Love your gorgeous wire work! Do you still do it?

Last edited:
You got them, Marie!
I still have all my wire work material and tools but I don’t really do it very often.

Yay! I do love word games. :)
I’ve never worked with wire, but I’ve seen it done, and I’m quite impressed with yours! Especially the peacock. :)

Still thinking about my first swap. If I were presented with the swap “on crescent moon” today, how would I engage it? I’m going to enjoy discovering the answer!

My first swap was Artist's Choice 2014, and I have no idea what the cards looked like. Not a clue. I know I've improved, so please sign me up!

Welcome Allegrae, you’ve got the first spot. :) Did the host do a gallery wall? Maybe we can find one of your cards that way?

Heather, I send the images to CarolCadek and she makes the gallery. You can do it yourself with certain software I think, but I don’t know anything about that way. Usually takes 2-3 emails in succession to enclose all images. ( I number the emails and tell her how many images to expect so we don’t miss any.) I think a gallery wall adds a lot to the total experience of a swap. Hope this helps!

Oh my golly MUSHU!!! Hi!!! I miss you!

That card looks like one you’d do! So detailed and intricate. Do you think you would approach that same swap differently today? Or the same way? LOVE all those dots! You have such an eye for detail, and a steady hand too. Welcome to the swap!

Last edited:
I joined in 2013. According to my gallery, the first swap I joined was Books, Books and More Books. You'll have to go to my gallery to see the cards 'cuz I don't know how to link to that. (My computer is weird about copying links.) I think my efforts were okay, but after years of HD/HP I'm enjoying collage more lately. Trying to get better at that.

Marie, I'm just lurking, but needed clarification. Did you want us to make a new version of our old cards or just cards in the same theme?

I loved CQ's torn paper angels! I love Personal Profile PATS and Non-Dominant Hand swaps can be fun, too. My ND hand is getting kind of weak. Maybe I need to use it more! :)

The only time I've had cards returned was in Sept. of 2014 when I was in the House Shaped Halloween swap. I thought they were so cute, but apparently the bristol board I made them on was too thin. No worries! I gave them to a blogging friend who puts them up on her fridge every Halloween! :wubclub:

Keeping you on my radar. :radar:

OK it is official. My first swap was [h=3]Wake up and smell the coffee - due September 5, 2012[/h]I joined the day I opened up my account here.

Which is a good swap because I like coffee, and even the 14,000 things that make you happy swap would have had coffee.

So how to improve on my first few submissions. More detail, better backgrounds, some layers, some details. Etc.

Sign me up if you havent yet.

Welcome to the swap Heather! I’ll add you right away. Good research!

Lisa, the idea is to see how you would approach the same swap theme today. Would you go about it the same way? Do you have new skills you’d apply? Is your work generally better than it was then, or have some skills faded from neglect? Are you growing? Would you even create similar images or does that same theme speak to you now in a whole new way? Hope I answered your question. :)

Oh Lisa, I too love your book cards. That’s a theme I collect. Maybe I’ll host that next.

Someone has to host that torn angels swap, I’m tellin you! I love your clarification, Marie. Thanks for those suggestions, now I have to figure out how I would create for one of those swaps today. (I can’t really see how I would improve on those teddy bears though). Maybe go for the Moonlight Magic or the Old Hollywood Glam. It would be helpful if I didn’t recall so clearly exactly what I did with the earlier cards. I have to try to put that out of my mind and “begin again”! Still lurking though, till I finish up other commitments.

Exactly Carol, put them out of your mind and then approach fresh. How is your work different now? We’ll be here to welcome you when you’re ready. :)

It shows that I joined in Jan. 2010, but didn't do any swaps until October 2011. I remember I just had a hard time. I would find something and then when I would go back I could never find it. So it must have taken me that long to get comfortable in the site.

I would love to join this swap.

Back
Top Bottom