I Remember My First Time~Due April 15, 2022

This is a very cool idea. My first couple swaps were from January of 2009! So long ago! I've improved SO MUCH since then!!

There was an Edgar Allen Poe swap and a warm colors swap that I joined, I remember.

Here's my post from the Poe swap:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...llan-Poe-DUE-March-6-2009&p=305655#post305655

Lurking for now, but maybe I'll get inspiration to re-draw some of my old art with an improved skillset!

I printed out some coffee quotes today. I try to fill a page before I print it out.

My coffee is so strong it wakes the neighbors

Coffee is like a kick in the attitude
[h=1]A Morning Without Coffee is like something without something else. [/h][h=1]Coffee the most important meal of the day [/h][h=1] My blood type is coffee [/h][h=1]Without coffee I have no personality at all[/h][h=1] Wake up and smell the coffee [/h][h=1] Is there life before coffee?

Drink coffee, do stupid things faster with more energy
[/h][h=1] I am sorry about the things I said before coffee. [/h][h=1] Drink your coffee; people in Australia are sleeping[/h][h=1]Drink your coffee; people in China are sleepinG[/h][h=1]
I am having an out of coffee experience
[/h][h=1] Thanks a latte [/h]

[h=1] Sleep a poor substitute for sleep [/h][h=1] Instant human just add coffee[/h][h=1] Latte is French for you paid too much for that coffee.[/h][h=1] I hate coffee it keeps me awake at work[/h]

Enjoy your lurk BekahStargazing. Join in when you’re ready. I’m enjoying memory lane tremendously. Hope you will too!

Haha! Heather, my favorite is definitely “Latte is French for you paid too much for that coffee” :twitcy:

Looking over these, I think I see improvement. I definitely see more variety and more varied techniques. Ie sponge painting, found poetry, collage ( my nemesis for years!) and ‘in the style of’ which I’d not heard of before I joined. Also painting on a previously prepared background.

Skills not directly related to art skills… I managed to post these in the thread and in the gallery, neither of which I was able to do then. And all cards are flat.. no bumpy or chunky elements.

I like that I’m freer with color, and a bit concerned that I may be easing off on HD/HP. Only one this time was completely HD/HP while all four were first go round. All the backgrounds are at least. Oddly there is no use of colored pencil or pastels, which were my whole skill set first swap. Bonus point, I’ve ditched the metallic silver gel pen, which sounded like a good idea at the time, but just really isn’t.

Minus point, I did a much better job depicting the moon GLOW then, much less so now.

Feedback welcome. :)

Marie, I love your update on your moon cards and newfound skills.

I have to agree that my ability to use the technology of this site has improved. I am going to move on to making it goal for my next swap to learn to make a swap gallery. It is most fitting and honors the participants.

I might work on my cards today.

Thanks Heather. And I like your goal of adding gallery walls to your swaps. I think it adds a lot to the experience for everyone. It would be cool to do two cards per player in the gallery wall for this one, kind of a before and after thing… depending how many of us can find an older image we could use. I know you can figure out gallery walls. I want to be in your first one!!! :)

Last edited:
Oh, I can hardly wait to go back and read all the comments on this thread! I joined in February 2020, so I can easily remember my first swap. Please count me in for this one!!!!

Last edited:
My first swap was Dynamite Dies which used paper dies to create the ATCs. These are two cards that I kept that were created for the swap and I didn't deem them good enough for swapping.
IMG_2898.jpeg
I'll give it a try again.
Please sign me in!

Welcome leydab, I’m glad you’re joining us! I like all the layers on your original cards. It will be fun for both of us to see how you’ll approach this theme differently this time around. I’ll add you to the list now.

I couldn't go back to sleep this morning so I finished my re-take on Dynamite Dies.
Here are the cards. They will mail today.
IMG_2919.jpg

These are gorgeous! Comparing to your first time they’re much more colorful and cohesive… even more layers than before … quite evocative… they make me want to peer in deeper to see what’s in there. Very satisfying. :)
What are your thoughts?

I am doing coffee cards, but wonder if I have really changed all that much from the first time. EXCEPT I know own way more coffee rubber stamps, and die cuts. I am sure I didnt have a machine to die cut back in 2012.

I guess we’ll know more after you create. You’re the queen of collage! Do you have your quotes chosen?

Back
Top Bottom