Foolish Squirrels due April 1

rhodora55

ATC Novice
Albums
Due Date: April1
Signup/Withdrawal Date: none, but please notify me by PM if you need to withdraw
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Players: 30
Media: Open, but please keep them relatively flat to cut down on postage.

I have been trying to feed the birds this winter, but as expected the squirrels have taken over. It isn't a total loss because some times they are very amusing and often foolish. Anyone else have these bandits raiding your bird feeders?

GUIDELINES and MAILING:

- Please PM for my address when cards are ready to mail.
- Place each 2 1/2 x 3 1/2” card in its own plastic sleeve for protection.
- Please spread evenly within a business size envelope, using Washi or Painters tape (Scotch tape can tear the sleeves).
- Please write your username, real name, state/country, and swap title on the back of each card.
- Please include a self addressed and stamped business size envelope (SASE) for returns. I am in the US so players in other countries please be sure you include the correct postage.
- Host cards are always appreciated, but never required.
- When returns are received, please post in the thread and be sure to leave iTrader for your host, and “You Rock” points for those who created your returns.

Participants:
1.Suzi (received)
2.LuAnnP (received)
4.fundygirl (received)
5.Haagmm (received)
6.Asher (received)
7.plumhill2001 (received)
8.pilarfarmer (received)
9.seascape131 (received)
10.jo.on.the.go (received)
11.wordlesswonder (received)

Last edited:
I gave up “fighting” the squirrels a long time ago! Now I embrace them, and put out little treats for them. We even had a black squirrel visit our yard the other weekend! I will lurk for a little while. Is this an open media swap?

Lurking.... I like when the squirrels go to drink from the birdbath and the water has frozen. Or when the climb the pole to get to the birdfeeder but then discover the baffle is between them and the feeder.

Hope you all decide to join. My most foolish squirrel at my feeder made a flying leap from a nearby tree and totally missed the feeder and fell down in a heap on the ground. He recovered, but boy, did he look silly.

My squirrels are feeling a little lonely, Anyone else have pics to share? Also hoping to get some more players , please tell your friends, the more the merrier :)

I don't usually get many squirrels in my yard because I have two dogs, but my in-laws have a few that they feed on a regular basis. They've even got to the point where the squirrels will take a nut from their hands. Wow.

Please sign me up. I think I'd like a few little cute squirrels in my collection.

There are tons of fabulous YouTube videos of squirrels vs. bird feeders and how folks try to outsmart the squirrels. Here's one of my favorites: https://youtu.be/hFZFjoX2cGg

Would love to join, but I doubt I'll have time. Almost all of my art supplies are packed up now, waiting for our move back to Washington on Mar. 15. We'll see if I can get anything done before then, but don't sign me up yet!

I don't have a bird feeder, but I certainly have some ornery squirrels over here. They use my roof as a freeway, hang (literally) on branches in the back yard and try to terrorize me and any other creature (this one used to terrorize my little Jake dog). And they stare me down as they plant their nuts in my yard and make new trees grow. Oh they are something all right. At any rate, I'm a lurker at the moment to see what I can come up with. Great theme.

Back
Top Bottom