Collage Meets HandDrawn/HandPainted Swap! Due Date: April 18, 2022

mrubyjean

colorful soul
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date ~ April 18, 2022
No sign up/withdrawal deadline, but please communicate!
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3
Number of Participants ~ Unlimited
Mixed Media

Welcome to the Collage Meets HD/HP Swap!

Returns Mailed ~ April 19, 2022

This swap is to celebrate the ways collage and drawing or painting can be used together to create wonderful mixed media work. You pick the theme for each card then use a combination of collage and drawing or painting to create it. You can start with collage then enhance it with drawn or painted images or you can begin with a drawing or painting and add collage elements. Or you can draw or paint images then cut them up to make a collage. Extra elements like stamping are fine in addition to collage and drawing/painting.

Any style is welcome for this swap. And your cards can be realistic, whimsical or even abstract. I have included some examples (past cards of mine) to illustrate possible ways collage and drawing or painting can be combined. I notice, in my own work, that zetti cards are usually an easy place for me to combine collage and hand drawn elements.

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Cards must be original. Send work into which you put time, imagination and care.
* Please use only small, light embellishments on your cards.
* Please protect your cards with plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, that way I can keep track of the cards when they were mailed. Any late cards will be returned.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find home.

View attachment 229548 View attachment 229549 View attachment 229550

Examples of collage and drawing artwork: https://www.pinterest.com/sudeshnasen/how-to-combine-mixed-media-collage-with-drawing/

Examples of collage and painting: https://www.pinterest.com/annieogo/collage-paintings/

Examples of collage & zentangles: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/169799848438715135/

Who would like to create some collage and hand-drawn/hand-painted cards ?!

*CynthiaSillitoe
*LuAnnP
*Elliejaybird
*jo.on.the.go
*Angeljoy
*Pamitha
*locatray
*NancyL
*RestlessMonk
*theweavershand
*somnia
*BluSkyHare
*aginghippiechic
*Seascape131
*leydab
*Bonny
*Mushu
*LeonardaDaArtsi
*Willowh
*fundygirl
*dithespy
Emma
Butterbean
*HHC
*piggles
*miss

Last edited:
Welcome, LuAnnP!

Glad you are lurking, JenUrebel ~ so sorry to hear your mom broke her hip! Healing wishes!!

Wow ~ nice going, Jo!
Welcome to the swap and thanks for posting pics of your cards.
I especially like those flying sailboats and the frog duo!

Back
Top Bottom