NancyL

plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Friday April 22nd

Media-distress oxide inks plus whatever

Number of cards-3 for 3 or 6 for 6

Number of players-unlimited

for the past couple of years I have been using Ranger's distress oxide inks. I use them for backgrounds, or for coloring in spaces. I love the ease of blending and mixing colors. For me, they are more controllable than paint. Sometimes I spritz them with water but usually I don't.

This swap is how you like to use them. Every card has to have some distress oxide inks. You can mix them up with some collage, stencils, rubber stamps, even hand drawing. Or whatever else you can think of.

Mailing Info:
US players-send a forever stamp and a readable label with your address. Please do not send those tiny free ones. Your label can be a piece of paper w/your address. Do NOT send envelopes as I will supply them.

International players-send a label (or piece of paper) with your address. I will provide postage and envelopes.

All cards need to come in sleeves.

PM me for my mailing address when your cards are ready. If your name has a color, your cards are here.

Who is ready to play?
1. NancyL
2.cmcarli
3. Donnacr
4. RaineyDay
5. goatgoddess
6. Carol
7. aginghippiechic
8. ThouArtDelyrias
9. wordlesswonder
10.sunflowersanddragonflies
11. JenUrebel
12. somnia
13. CynthiaSillitoe

Last edited:
I don't know how to use them but want to! I have several colors now and this would give me a good reason to break them out <G> have watched a few youtubes and would like to join please.

I'll add you, GG. I watched videos also. the easiest way is just to try them out. I use the applicator and foam circles (available through Amazon). Another person I know uses little make up wipes, I think, to spread the colors.

I use distress oxide inks for stencils. I tape the stencil down with painters' tape all around. Sometimes I put on a back ground color which is light than the stencil color.

I'm following/lurking. I bought a bunch of distress oxide sprays and created some hideously ugly splotchy cards and then never used them again. This swap could be the push I need to try again. If I have better success and have trade-worthy cards I'll sign up. For now I'm learning what people are doing and I'll be watching for eye candy :unsure:

I've only used the ink pads. The color goes where I put the color. I find art liquids can be more out of control.
As it is, I am less of a this is exactly what will happen and more of a let's see what happens kind of artist.

I just watched youtube and goggled Zoey and distressed ink oxide - (I like her as a artist) still looking at samples and how to do's but very excited to play later today since the weather is COLD here.
https://www.scrapsaurus.com/hunny-bunny/ is one but there are many others to check out also

took a quick look at sprays - same thing just googled the sprays, I might have one or two bottles of that too - https://acolorfuljourney.com/what-can-distress-oxide-spray-do/
I also think with sprays drying them so they don't mingle too much might be the key. heat gun is what I would use.

every time I watch Tim live I end up buying something <G>

My brother and his wife are on a road trip. they live in Nevada. They are in Texas now and he says when he left amarillo recently it was 11 degrees. We both grew up in CA and low temps are not our friends. The other brother lives with his wife in Idaho and they like cold and snow.

My brother and his wife are on a road trip. they live in Nevada. They are in Texas now and he says when he left amarillo recently it was 11 degrees. We both grew up in CA and low temps are not our friends. The other brother lives with his wife in Idaho and they like cold and snow.

Oh no they picked a bad day to come here!!! ice and cold cold cold. it doesn't warm up for days yet. the cold front just moved in yesterday. Monday and Sunday it was in the low 80's right now at my house it's 22 degree darn weather.

well since my husband woke me at 3 am and its only 22 degrees here with drizzle I've been playing a bit :)
want to try some other things. but its a start. I did try a tiny bit of stenciling with the numbers. some of other stenciling I did care for so covered it up with more distress inks. love how you can layer it on. used a matt to press the pads on, sprayed water, and dipping the paper into it. drying with a heat gun inbetween so it doesn't get muddy. used a toothbrush to get some some marks - going to play with a few other things too.

the lady is colored with kitsch flamingo, the background is distressed inks over a gesso stamped background I may 10 or so years ago and never used.

1_distressinks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom