plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date: Friday April 29

Number of cards- 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of players-unlimited
Media-any kind of paper that is torn
No embellishments allowed.

Recently a friend gave me a package of colored mulberry paper. It was all 8 by 11 inch . Usually I just buy the little pieces. This is one of my favorite paper for making abstract torn paper art. So I've been doing that. But now I am ready to see what kinds of abstract designs you can make with torn paper.

The easiest way to do this is to choose paper and then tear it into pieces. Pick out the pieces you like and arrange them on your card. Or tear a paper for a base and then place your favorite pieces on that. You can use different kinds of paper or use all the same kind. Another easy to tear paper is origami and you get a little white line along the edge. Another kind I like are book pages with text, often foreign.

Do not use scissors. I will return ATCs that have cut pieces.

Mailing Info-
US players-send along a forever stamp & a label or paper with your address on it. I will provide envelopes.
International players-send along a label or paper with your address on it. I will provide postage & envelopes.

When your cards are ready, send me a PM for my address.

Who is ready to tear some paper? X indicates your cards have arrived

1. NancyL X
2. Arc2dreams X
3. Elliejaybird X
4. Blastie X
5. CynthiaSillitoe X
6. RaineyDay X
7. Haagmmm X
8. BlancoLobo X
9. pnguin X
10. BluSkyHare X
11. dithespy
12. huddlestonmollie X
13. akimbo X
14. cmcarli X
15. Allegrae X
16. leydah X
17. An. M. Sudyka X
18. Blueangel X
19. Mushu X
20. Laffqueen X
21. OrigamiGrace X
22. Pilarfarmer X
23. SMikell X
24. christmasbunnie X
25. jo.on.the.go. X

Last edited:
Dear NancyL
After a trying day, I read about your swap and was totally mesmerized, I wasn’t sure if I could stop.
Thank you for the challenge, it was not anything I had thought of before but I hope the rest of my week has me smiling this much.
Please PM me with your address,
I think I will take all the leftover bits and pieces and make confetti
Blastie

Sorry, no.
You can use paper to cover your base. Plain origami paper would work. A book page would work. but no paint.

I was wondering if the cards need to be abstract only or can the torn paper be used to create pictures/images/etc? Thank you.

I'm lurking but I really like the challenge of this. I use torn edged paper a lot on my cards.

One question though. Do you want the actual edges of the entire card to be torn as well or can we attach it to a firm background and trim the edges w/ scissors?

Your ATC base can have straight edges. Any paper placed on that base needs torn edges.

The first time I hosted this swap, I made it open theme and I got a lot of fish and flowers. I think doing it abstract makes it a bigger challenge and for some people it is so hard to not have your art represent an object.

Think about the colors, textures or shapes you are combining.

Back
Top Bottom