BArox818

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date: June 1, 2022
Signup/Withdraw Date: May, 28
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Open

This is a swap for all things mystical, magical, and spiritual. As it is entirely open to artists interpretation, I don't want to limit you by posting descriptions and examples. I will say that to many, spirituality quite often includes some aspect of religion which can sometimes be a touchy subject. There are many different religions and belief systems throughout the world. You may see themes and beliefs that conflict with your own. Please be open-minded and kind. If there does happen to be a theme that you absolutely cannot have in your collection reach out to me privately and not in the forum.

I'd love to be able to use this as a way to obviously swap beautiful art, but also educate each other on different cultures and beliefs. Please feel free to share in the forum your favorite deities, rituals, sacred beings/places/items etc. I encourage you to share your cards in the forum if you are able, and would love if you also offer a description or insight as to what is your depicting. For that reason as well, I am going to require you artwork to be titled for this swap. Please put a title on the back of your cards in case your recipient is not aware of the symbolism. I also highly encourage positive commenting and "liking" on posts (whether discussion or images) so Im aware of what topics/cards you are most interested in. I try my best to swap accordingly.

Thats it! Have fun, learn something, and "be mystified."

CARD GUIDELINES
  • Send 3 cards to receive 3 cards , Send 6 cards to receive 6
  • All cards should be standard ATC size: 2.5" x 3.5"
  • Cards must be sturdy enough to earn the name "card" (no floppy or flimsy paper).
  • Cards should be be labeled on the back with at least your username, real name, swap name and a title
  • Each ATC should be in an individual plastic sleeve
  • A host card would be treasured, but is not a requirement!

MAILING GUIDELINES
  • Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send
  • Keep the due date in mind. I suggest 7 days for US players and 14 days for International players.
  • Include a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for your returns
  • Support the cards within your envelope by taping to a sturdy background, you could also insert them in a pocket or album sleeve

I-TRADERS and YOU-ROCKS
  1. Your name turns blue on the players list (linked for easier rating) when I receive your cards
  2. You are given Itrader points after I receive your ATCs.
  3. When you receive your cards, please leave reputation (you rock) points for the artists who made your cards an I-Trader for your host (me)

Players:
CynthiaSillitoe
Tess True Heart
jo.on.the.go
wordlesswonder
rhodora55
elliejaybird
rwolin
blastie
Fierce Armadillo
MossyBlue
Wren6316

Last edited:
Sign me up! I hate to commit until I have cards ready, but I have so many ideas, that I am eager to start making cards for this swap.

Here are my first three. I will definitely make more. I told myself that I would only create pictures from places I had actually visited or seen. So here are travel pictures.

View attachment 230484 Potola Palace, Lhasa, Tibet. This was the winter palace of the Dalai Lamas since the 7th century, until the current Dalai Lama fled Tibet because of the communists in 1959. Inside are the tombs of 8 former Dalai Lamas and therefore a pilgrimage site of Buddhists.

View attachment 230485 Prayer Wheels in Tibet. These bucket-sized prayer wheels of Buddhists are on wooden racks encircling monasteries and other sacred stes. People move the wheel with their right hand, turning the wheel clockwise. The wheels have sacred messages inside and on the exterior. As they turn they spread spiritual blessings to all sentinent beings, bringing good karma to the spinner.

View attachment 230486 Ovoo, sacred stone heap with prayer flags in Mongolia. These are used as altars or shrines in Mongolian folk religious practice and also by Buddhists. The ovoos are often found at the top of mountains. They serve as sites of worship of heaven and lesser gods by shamans. It is customary to walk around the ovoo three times in a clockwise direction.

Last edited:
And the rest.

View attachment 230494 Intihuatana Altar, Machu Picchu, Peru. The altar is on the western side of Machu Picchu. It was carved by the Incas and was used for astronomical and religious purposes for offerings and sacrifices.

View attachment 230495 Machapuchare Mountain, northern Nepal, in the Himalayas. The peak is also called Fishtail Mountain. It is almost 23000 feet high. It is a holy mountain in the Hindu religion, believed to be the resting place of the God Shiva; therefore, hikers and climbers are not allowed on the mountain. There are prayer flags in the foreground.

View attachment 230497 Poulnabrone Dolmen, on the Burren in Ireland. This is te oldest megalithic tomb in Ireland, built perhaps 5800 years ago. The remains of 21 people were found here. This was a place of worship and ritual, though the exact purpose is not known.

View attachment 230496 Ahu Tahai and Ahu Ko Te Riku, moai on Easter Island. Archaeologists believe they were erected as symbols of religious and political power. They were believed to contain a magical spiritual essence called mani. Moai were in use as early as 500 CE, though most were erected from 1000 to 1650 CE.

wordlesswonder has also posted some beautiful mystical spirits to the main gallery if anyone is looking for inspiration

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom