Sunflower ATC Swap - Due May 6, 2022

So much for my resolution to make the cards FIRST and then join the swap.... only two slots left and one really SHOULD be filled with my name. < grin >

I'm from Kansas. Anything dealing with sunflowers is a MUST!!!

I'll happily lurk. I love sunflowers and, being in KS also, they're another reason to look forward to the fall.

LuAnnP, fundygirl, middleearthtraver, thanks for joining the swap! Excited to see what you create.

Oh my gosh, this filled up faster than I expected! So I'm going to increase to 20. I can handle 20. I picked a smaller number since I haven't hosted in a few years, and wanted to ease back in slowly. lol. But 20 is my max.

trini70, lurk away. I hope you decide to come back and join. :)

Lurkers are welcome, BekahStargazing! I hope you come back and join us. :)

Pamitha, we also do that, and leave some heads on the sunflowers for the birds. We had a pesky gray squirrel (invasive in our area) take several of the heads last year, though. Little bugger!

Another sunflower - paint pen drawing cut out and collaged on a mixed media background.

1_Sunflower_on_blue.jpg

Welcome Seascape131! I'm glad you are bringing your art to the swap! :)

Sunflowers!

I decided to play with different media:

1_a_sunflower_opt.jpg
1_b_sunflowers.jpg
1_c_sunflowers.jpg
1_d_sunflower.jpg

A - Prismacolor Pencil and Uni-ball gel pen on Stonehenge Black paper, B - Acrylic gouache on Stonehenge Black paper, C - Acrylic gouache on Yupo, D - Acrylic paint and acrylic gouache on canvas

LuAnn, those are great! We both had the same idea, I want to do different media also. So far, I’m thinking watercolor, acrylic impasto, tissue paper, and maybe pointillism. Eager to begin.

Wow LuAnnP! Those are amazing. I have not heard of acrylic gauche, just the water soluble type. Very cool!

Wow LuAnnP! Those are amazing. I have not heard of acrylic gauche, just the water soluble type. Very cool!

Thank you, Helen.

I like acrylic gouache because it is NOT as glossy as the regular acrylic.
(I bought a nice set with good colors and small tubes, from JerrysArtarama. I really like it for making ATCs!)

Welcome wordlesswonder and Sunflowersanddragonflies! I look forward to seeing your creations. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom