Sketch Your Day/USK Swap ... due July 8th, 2022

Well, I started "the book" today.
So far, I have copied all the text and images of EVERYTHING.... but divided by person.
So it will be easy to delete those pages of people who do not want their words or works in a little epub.
The file is right at 2.3 MB, so I SHOULD be able to email it to anyone who wants it.... once the swap is completed and the permissions have been granted.

I did NOT intend to do the whole book this morning... but I just could not stop. (Famous last words of a person whose arm and shoulder are going to tell her TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER TODAY...)

View attachment 232874

Wow, LuAnn! I LOVE and share your enthusiasm with the cards and the stories, and the little book. I can’t wait to see it when it’s done. I can send you better quality picts of my sketches tomorrow. Thank for doing this!

Hey all, This started as a quick sketch this morning as I was having coffee in my art cave.
Well, I ended up quick painting it. My kitty, Freya. Owl art and my tambourine hang on the wall behind
but in reality there about 4 other paintings on the wall behind which I weeded out. LOL.

Lovely Freya! Love her, and the edited wall art/hangings, LOL! I did the same with the sketch I did of my husband getting a tattoo back in March. No way I was going to draw everythIng, they had a LOT of art on the walls at the tattoo parlor. :laugh:

All the cards have been received and swapped

And… I have received all the cards. :jiggy:It was wonderful to see them all together! I swapped them last night and should have the envelopes ready to send by tomorrow, if not today. Thank you so much for your contributions and for really getting into the spirit of the swap by not only sharing your art but also the stories behind the cards. :) :cute:

I hope you like your returns!

Thank you A, looking forward to the returns. What a wonderful swap.
I just have to add yet another story. Yesterday we had a down pour here in coastal SC. I have two log stumps to sit on out by the creek. One I had placed a duck decoy on long ago...well, yesterday a for real duck tried becoming friends with the decoy. I snapped a few photos. That would have been another
urban sketch for sure.

Attachments

• duckfriends.jpg
    duckfriends.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16
Ooo, It would have made another wonderful sketch for the swap, wildholly! Maybe you can still do it for your sketchbook if you keep one. Thanks for sharing!

Returns were mailed today! :jiggy: I’ve also included a couple of surprises for each of you in celebration of my first swap and … well, you’ll find an explanation in the envelope. ;)

Wow weeeee... What a surprise to receive all kinds of sweet treasures with the returns today.
Thank you A for such a wonderful swap. To really observe and get into the moment was a joy.
My sketchbook overfloweth! Many thanks for all your hard work and the extra photos back of our own submissions is really a treat.
Now to leave urocks+

My wonderful cards arrived today! Ada, the letter that accompanied the cards was SO special. Thank you for taking such care with the special swap. I was so happy to get a print of "Lady crocheting in the plane." It was also fun to get nice prints of all of MY cards.

I will be contacting a few people with hopes of obtaining permission to include their work in the little book....so it may be a while until it is complete.

Got mine yesterday - thank you so much, Ada, for the letter, the copies of my own (how do you get them so perfect? My printer never gets the color right!), the print of Lady crocheting... I really appreciate how much work you've put into this! And thank you also to Seascape131, LuAnnP, and BexMadeMe for the fantastic art. You Rocks and an i-Trader going out promptly.

Oh, just wanted to give LuAnn a little laugh - I got the view from your studio window with the drainage ditch creek. We also have one of those and the previous owners of our house put up a sign on a nearby tree: "Dry Beaver Creek." Take that however you want! ;) Also, when I opened my envelope, I was looking at yours in portrait mode and thought "How cool! She has one of those homemade mileage signs in her yard just like I want to make. I wonder why she didn't write on the sticks?" Then I turned it landscape and say it as you meant it to be. :twitcy:

Last edited:
I received my cards yesterday. Thanks for hosting, Aifrati. This was a wonderfully run swap, and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into running it. It has motivated me to go out in search of a suitable sketchbook. And many thanks to the artists who were brave enough to go out in public to create art:

piggles - Urban Wetlands
Periwinkle - My Neighbor's Yard
Asher - Time for Dessert

I got my cards today. Thank you Aifrati for hosting such a well run and engaging swap. And the prints were such an awesome treat!

Thanks to Gaia, Wildholly and Jo.on.the.go for the lovely cards.

I am so happy everyone is enjoying their returns and the little gifts included with the returns! Only one person to confirm they received their cards. I’ll wait for that and to hear about LuAnn and her book idea to archive the thread. It might take a while as LuAnn is currently busy with grandchildren visiting and she also wants to inquire some more people about including their art in the book. Make sure to let her know by posting here (or PMIng her) if you want her to include your art in her book and you haven’t yet indicated so! Several people already did. She then will share with those who’s art is in it!

How did I make the prints?

I had so many people ask this question that I thought to answer here.

Q: How did you make the prints?

I used the Cannon IP7220 photo printer. I don’t think is available anymore, but something similar must be. The important part is that it is a *photo* printer, not a regular printer. I bought it a long time ago, was inexpensive, and has its quirks but works. It uses 5 ink cartridges instead of the 3 typical for an inkjet (cyan, yellow, magenta and two different blacks). I buy generic ink for it. It is important to “tell” the printer which type of paper you are using to print though, as it makes a difference on what it does and hence the result. I used matte photo paper. Nothing too special, it was a Staples brand which you can print on both sides. I made sure to “let the printer know” it was matte photo paper. The images I printed were scans of the cards. I scanned two envelopes worth of cards and printed the whole thing on one sheet of paper. Then trim and cut….

In summary:
1) scanned images
2) used inkjet photo printer
3) used matte photo paper
4) used the right settings for matte photo paper in the printer

Back
Top Bottom