DR's Favorite Colors, Due July 22nd

NOTE- I will be gone/off online from July 10 until July 21st. If you need my address send a pm to cmcarli. she has agreed to send out my mailing address.

My husband and I are flying to Alaska to visit 3 towns---Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka. We did a cruise several years ago. We have been to the first 2 but didn't get to spend enough time there. We have a credit card from alaska air that acrues air miles. If you don't spend any for a couple of years, you really build up the total of air miles.

This is our first flying trip since October 2019. It is also a sort of test. To see if someone with cancer can be comfy and not over exhausted with vacation activities. I am hoping we pass. My husband is the one with cancer.

NancyL - what I found worked was: plan 1 activity a day, with a backup, little activity if there is a lot of energy left. If the activity you want to do is prolonged or overly active/emotional then plan to have the following day off completely and stick to that. When I was first diagnosed and undergoing my original treatments I couldn't believe that I couldn't just keep up the pace that I had always had - you can't!
I found if I thought of myself as the turtle (slow and steady) I achieved a lot more, and enjoyed it more.

I hope that you have a great time! Alaska is one of those places that I would like to visit but it is so far away that I probably won't be able to. :(

Your advice is our current life plan. I only count on one big activity a day. today it will be grocery shopping. And if I know we are having a lot of activity one day, I try to have nothing on the day before. And there are still days when he cannot get out of bed. those are good arting or gardening days for me.

Donnacr, your cards arrived. Thanks for the extra one. When I prepared your envelope, I used a stamp that was on my desk, an international one. I will save your stamp for the next international envelope.

I have some cards made and would like to join this swap please.
:)

I think any cards mailed today or later will arrive when I am gone. We did put a hold on the mail. I swap out the Friday after we get home.(the very next day.) Or if I am doing laundry all day, I might wait until Saturday afternoon.

The third…

A05DF580-2F72-4B40-A5DC-7C68DD169CEB.jpg

acrylic “ink blot”, image brought to life with pigment liner and prismacolor

Back
Top Bottom