Just One - Due Date August 4, 2022

I want to welcome the following people to the swap:
LeonardaDaArtsi, StitchinWitch, katie333, and Seascape131. I'm sure that you will find thousands of intriguing single-cell organism to put on your cards.

Here is one of my favorite single-celled organisms: Chlamydomonas. Don't you just love that name?

Chlamydomonas is a green algae found in stagnant water and on damp soil, in freshwater, seawater, and even snow.

View attachment 232838

dithespy - I am anxious to see your cards in person. They look wonderful. Thanks so much for posting pictures.

ThisIsMyCleverUsername - you really don't need to be sciencey to join the fun. Diatoms are some of the most beautiful single-celled organisms.

FUN!

1_didinum.jpeg
1_lacrymaria.jpeg
1_gastro.jpeg
1_euglena.jpeg

This was SO much fun!
I decided to print an image of the spreadsheet and then draw the single-celled critters in the single cells. Colored pencil with more detail than we can see at this resolution.

Ok... I'm trying to create a paper zoo, with real, fantasy and extincted aninals (and also plants), but I would NEVER thought to single celled creatures!!!
This is really interesting!
I would like to join!!!!

Last edited:
Here are two single-celled organisms a sperm cell and an egg cell. Yes, these are both considered single-celled organisms. And when they unite before cell division starts, the united zygote is considered just one single-celled organism.

And just for fun, do a little research on your own about the fascinating shapes of animal sperm. Each animal has its own unique sperm shape. And for a bit of trivia: mouse sperm cells are larger than elephant sperm cells!

View attachment 232886 Getting Together

Back
Top Bottom