Johnny Depp Movies- Open Media, due: Aug 5

Monroy28

It is all about Paris
Media
Due: Aug 5, 2022

Unlimited players
3 for 3
Media: H/D H/P, Mix Media basically Open Media

Do you know how many Movies Johnny Depp has made? At least 90, wow!
He talks about how he takes on the character and becomes it once he puts on the costume. Do you know he makes his own lines? Think about how talented this man is - from a Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean) to a private eye (city of lies). He truly is a multi-talented movie star. He is also an artist (just like you and me)- he paints with very bright colors.

Some ideas:
Sweeny Todd
Benny and Joon
Mad Hatter
Jack the Pirate
Gilbert Grape
Sleepy Hallow
Edward Scissor hands
Rango
Corpse Bride
Blow
Finding Neverland
I can go on and on. He has at least 90 movies to choose from. I invite you to look up his movies.

1 requirement that Johnny Depp as 1 of his character on the ATC.

**** this is not about his ex-wife or what has been going on. This is about the Movies JD has made and a celebration of his talent. If you talk about the lawsuit in the thread i will delete. But, feel free to talk about Johnny Depp himself.

All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” on sturdy paper.
NO white backgrounds.
please protect art with a penny sleeve
An extra card for the hostess (that is me) will be forever treasured and LOVED, but completely optional.

Mail Information ~
* Include username, real name, date, theme of your card, your state/country and a plastic sleeve on all your cards.

*Put username and swap name on the back of the envelope that you send to me- as I run several swaps at one time.

* US Participants – Please include a Label with your address and a FOREVER STAMP. I will provide the envelope.

* International Participants -Please send a mailing labels with your address- i will provide envelope

Please PM me for my address if you need it. I'm still in El Paso, Texas . When you are ready to mail your cards- please post your cards (if possible) and let me know you sent them.
Which J/D Caricature will you be choosing?

Monroy28
BArox818
catladybj
Morella
dithespy
Blastie
Sandee1899

Last edited:
I was just thinking about how I would like to expand my Johnny Atc collection. I have a few. I never saw the WINDOW movie because my son was a teenager and gave way the ending. So phttttt!

I liked him in Benny and Joon, and What is eating Gilbert grape?

I am lurking for now.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about how I would like to expand my Johnny Atc collection. I have a few. I never saw the WINDOW movie because my son was a teenager and gave way the ending. So phttttt!

I liked him in Benny and Joon, and What is eating Gilbert grape?

I am lurking for now.

Secret Window IS all about the ending, but its likely deeper than what your son described. Without spoiling it any further there's multiple levels of reveal and you'll likely still be surprised by at least one of them. It's a great watch regardless of spoilers.

Gilbert is another favorite!
Benny and Joon, I've seen forever ago and don't remember much about it....Sounds like its about time to rewatch it! ;)

<<<<I liked him in Benny and Joon, and What is eating Gilbert grape?>>>>

if you watch eating Gilbert Grape...have a box of tissues next to you.

I get so totally po'ed when somebody tells me the ending of a movie or a book! Had a friend do that while I was watching the last 15 minutes of a movie, and then she couldn't understand why I was so upset because she told me what was going to happen!
ARGH!!! Even worse, we went to see a movie that her sons had already seen, and obviously memorized, and told her all about. During the entire movie she told me what was going to happen three steps ahead of time. I've never been so miserable at a movie before! It's hard to yell at somebody in the middle of a movie theater!!! Pretty sure that was the last movie I watched with her, Bless her heart!!!

OH wow! i would totally call that person out...i would have changed seats.
I have the rule with my sister.. No talking during the movies or interrupting it.....(she can talk a mile a minute). she will even stop a movie to change laundry.....

My sister knows these rules well!!...lol

Oooooh I've been a fan for decades!!!

I miss when Johnny played unique and subtle human beings, not cartoon charaters.

Benny & Joon!
Gilbert Grape!
Chocolat!
Even Edward Scissorhands was a fully fleshed Person, not a caricature. That's not easy to do in a fairy tale movie.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... I saw that one TWICE before I realized who was playing Hunter.
Ed Wood! JD has a very recognizable face, but somehow he was able to completely disappear and *become* Ed Wood. I never once thought, "oh I am watching Johnny Depp play this guy." And I'm a fan of the real Ed Wood and especially his performance in the original "Glen Or Glenda" movie. JD (and Sarah Jessica Parker) NAILED IT.

But for now... I am only lurking.

If I received a Mad Hatter card, I would ritualistically burn it in a "piece of slop performance in an utterly disgusting excrement of a piece of slop film" exorcism. :P :P :P (Haha just kidding! Or am I? I'm old enough to remember when Tim Burton wasn't a cheap dull hack, sigh....)

BUT.... then again... perhaps I could send in a card that's nothing but an Extravagant Blood Fountain and go for full on horror/gore....? ;)

Lurking and (maybe!) working on a 3D bed card that spouts blood when opened. (Just kidding! Or am I?)

ps., Great swap theme!

I really didnt like him in Charlie and the chocolate factory.

NO wait, I really didnt like the movie Charlie and the chocolate factory, and Willy wonka was very creepy.

I finally realized that Roald Dahl really didnt like or respect parents. Light bulb moment.

I really didnt like him in Charlie and the chocolate factory.

NO wait, I really didnt like the movie Charlie and the chocolate factory, and Willy wonka was very creepy.

I finally realized that Roald Dahl really didnt like or respect parents. Light bulb moment.

On the "Chocolate Factory" movie, yes I hated that one too for a long time. I couldn't get Gene Wilder's amazing performance in the 1971 "Willy Wonka" movie out of my head and I LOVE Gene Wilder.
When I forced myself to keep an open mind and re-watch the 2005 "Charlie" movie, honestly I think that the Charlie/Wonka story works well for TBurton's style even though I have been miffed at TBurton for a long time. JD's take on the Wonka character was much more nuanced and clever than I initially judged! Willy Wonka is not a "nice" character haha, he's prickly and slippery and damaged. He uses "being creepy" as a shield to give him some protection from feeling awkward in social situations.
I still love Gene Wilder but I have decided that I no longer hate JD's take on the character. There is no way he could have matched Gene's beloved interpretation, he pretty much had no choice but to do something completely different, out of respect for the original.

I, Like you, did not like Charlie and the Chocolate factory movie the first time i watched it. The Oompa Lumpas (sp) were to abstract for me. Yet, i went back to watch it again and liked it. I realized the character were more developed than the first movie. The choice of actors was perfect and the tiny nuances made it modern (like Verucas mother). I just wished he did something else with the Oompa Lumpas ....the same character became mundane.

and Fierce Armadillo congratulations on your name change.

Back
Top Bottom