CynthiaSillitoe

Dances with elephants
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Tarot: Major Arcana
Swap due date: August 27, 2022
Sign-up date: none
Withdraw date: none, but please let me know.
3 for 3 cards
12 participants, as this is my first swap.
Open media, including digital.

Tarot cards are used in some countries as playing cards, but also used for fortune telling. I have always loved Tarot and often create cards inspired by it, but then I don't know if I should do that in swaps, as not everyone is comfortable with it. So, I thought I'd do a swap based on it. You don't need to know anything about Tarot or traditional symbolism. Literally, I'm just interested in where your muse takes you.

If you're inspired by traditional Tarot or want to create cards based on a favorite deck, that's fine. If you want to use actual Tarot cards as part of collage or mixed-media, that's great. If you want to completely re-imagine it, that's cool, too.

Here's some basic info on Tarot: Tarot - Wikipedia

For this swap, we'll focus on the cards known as the Major Arcana--another link:

Major Arcana - Wikipedia

If you don't want to read Wikipedia, the Major Arcana is:

0--The Fool
1--The Magician
2--The High Priestess
3--The Empress
4--The Emperor
5--The Hierophant
6--The Lovers
7--The Chariot
8--Justice
9--The Hermit
10.--The Wheel of Fortune
11--Strength
12--The Hanged Man
13--Death
14--Temperance
15--The Devil
16--The Tower
17--The Star
18--The Moon
19--The Sun
20--Judgment
21--The World

Swap Requirements:

This is 3 for 3; a host card is optional, but I'll love it.
Cards should be 2.5 x 3.5.
Embellishments should be reasonably flat and lightweight.
Cards should be original.
Please put your cards in individual plastic sleeves.

Mailing Guidelines:

I will provide all envelopes.
U.S. players, please send a large self-addressed mailing label and a forever stamp.
International players, just send a large self-addressed mailing label. I'll cover all international players.
PM me for my address when you're ready to mail and also post in the thread.
When you receive your cards, please leave me Itrader and leave rep points for the artists whose cards you received.

I think that's it, but as this is my first swap, let me know if I missed anything!

Who wants to play?--We are full, though I'm happy to start a waiting list.

1. middleearthtraveller
2. Jezebelle--received (returns received)
3. Cheezyblasters--withdrawn
4. wildholly--received (returns received)
5. Elliejaybird--received (returns received)
6. lildebi--wiithdrawn
7. Morella--received (returns received)
8. Nanvan--received (returns received)
9. Heathermae77--received
10. MCR34--received
11. jo.on.the.go-received (returns received)
12. Juju--withdrawn
13. arc2dreams--received
14. Stick--received (returns received)

Last edited:
Congrats on your first swap.
I am so in! Sign me up please.
I am reading this as open media, correct?

My muse is taking me your direction but I need to lurk a bit until I can get my other trading under control.
Congrats on your first swap; it is hard to believe you waited so long to host one. Of course, I waited about 10 years too.

I would love to join this swap. It’s been a good while since I’ve made ATCs but I’ve been getting back into making art and I’ve always wanted to make my own tarot cards. Thank you for the invite.

My muse is taking me your direction but I need to lurk a bit until I can get my other trading under control.
Congrats on your first swap; it is hard to believe you waited so long to host one. Of course, I waited about 10 years too.

Lurk away!

It took me so long because there are always more that I want to play in than time!

Highly I interested ! I have been doing readings with the same deck for 30 yrs. The Thoth Deck. Just lurking till I get the first one done

Back
Top Bottom