Hand-drawn Hand-painted You're Tellin' Me? Swap Due Aug 17, 2022

Locatray, could we use watercolor paper for the basic card, and then cut out your prompt word and glue it on? If not, I’ll
go with another medium, but a few of us feel most comfortable with watercolors, and for that you need the right paper.

I glued my first one to watercolor paper and used watercolor pencils with only a light amount of water and it worked fine!

I used watercolors on mine and it seemed to be just fine. Not like watercolor paper, but pretty good.
I did glue the paper to a sturdy backing before painting, so the paper couldn't buckle.

Mollie, there is no “original drawing” for us to add to. There is just a written word that we need to interpret artistically right on that card, so the word shows. She will send you six cards with different words on them, so you do have some extras in case some work better for you.

CiCi - I started thinking about it and it dawned on me that that's what was happening. ha! Guess I should have read more carefully. I took my post down before I saw your response, hoping no one would have seen my dumb question. I'm signing up but it's a whole lot more intimidating because I'm not very good at hand drawing. This should be interesting or embarrassing or both but I'll give it a try. Thanks for confirming what had dawned on me after I posted my rambling question. Oh well. I think I need to rest my brain for the evening. Have a good one!

LOVE your unicorn, Bex, and when I looked up the artist I could see the influence - great job!

Wow, Periwinkle, that bagel looks good enough to eat! And I'm not even overly fond of raisin bagels! :biglaugh:

Back
Top Bottom