Leonarda's Textile /Stitching ATC Swap. Due September 20th

LeonardaDaArtsi

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: September 20, 2022
Withdraw Date: Any time, please just let me know
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 20
Medium: Fabric, yarn, thread, floss, felt, etc. (I will do my best to swap fairly, since like-for-like may be a challenge)

Hello Beautiful People,
This is a textile ATC swap. I felt like its been a very long time since anyone has done this, so here we are!

For this swap you will design fabric ATCs with stitching. This is a great time to practice your embroider skills, sashiko, or stitching like a quilt, etc. You will need to make them somewhat sturdy by using interfacing or thin batting in-between the fabric layers, or an alternative like mounting on a thin piece of cardboard/card stock.

Try to design your card with some type of subject matter, not just a piece of plain fabric- maybe stitch a flower, etc. In the embroidery journal group I am in, we use a website called Noun Project for simple icons to stitch. https://thenounproject.com

Since these cards are a bit thicker than the typical art card, you will want to make them 2-3mm less in length and 2-3 mm less in width in order to fit into the clear protective sleeve. (Make sure they fit in the sleeve before you do too much work on them, so you don't have to cut off edging stitches.) Please, DO NOT ADD Buttons or any thick embellishments, try to keep these thin for mailing.

Help keep this thread interesting by adding pictures of other fabric cards you have received in the past that you love, your work as you go, and any interesting websites you find. I will try to, as well! Just Google Fabric ATCs and a ton of websites and images will come up.

Swap Rules:
- Please no large embellishments (such as buttons), these cards will already likely be thicker and heavier than most.
- Please put your username, date and any other interesting info on the back (this part can be paper).
- Make sure your card is put in a protective sleeve

Mailing:
- PM me for my address when you're ready. (If you have my address from the past 5 years, I have not moved.)
- Take extra care that your cards are safely secured for transit through the post.

US Participants: Please send me a large address label with your return address and 2 forever stamps. I will provide envelopes.
If you are International, please send me a large address label with your return address and two US dollars for postage.

Don't forget to leave an iTrader for me and rep (the You Rock! button) for your fellow players. A hostess card is not required but deeply cherished. <3

1. LuAnnP- arrived safe and sound!
2. Elliejaybird- arrived
5. Wendycat44- arrived safe and sound!
7. CiCiCreates- arrived safe and sound!
8. Heathermae77- arrived!!
9. Tworighttoes
11. Chimerix- arrived safe and sound!
13. Catladybj
15. CherylS- arrived safe and sound!
16. Asher- arrived safe and sound!
17. Valerie416
18. Rhodora- arrived safe and sound!
21. Leydab- arrived
22. Thornberry- arrived safe and sound

Last edited:
Here is a background I created. It is just a bunch of selvages quilted with gold metallic thread. Now for the subject matter....... any suggestions?IMG_0448.JPG

Side note, do any of you make the RAK hearts for the IFAQH (I found a quilted heart) site? I made some today and put them out. I used mostly embroidery but today I did a denim one with orange sashimi stitching. I think this inspired me to use the same technique for this swap.

Sign me up -- this is right up my alley.
Yes -- I have recently made some quilted hearts for IFAQH but haven't gone anywhere yet to "plant" them.
hearts.jpg

I would like to join your group; I am a beginner on this site and I was wondering, does 3 for 3 mean three cards in total or? I appreciate your time and can’t wait to delve in!

Hi Wendy! 3 for 3 means you will make and send me 3 cards and I will get them swapped out for 3 cards made by others and sent back to you.
Glad to have you!

Please sign me up. I just fuse-appliqued owl shapes to 4 sky backgrounds. Now to embroider stitch over them. They will not be realistic colored owls, just bright and contrasting colors. I guess that makes them whimsical.

Leonarda, regarding your post #7, that background is so pretty that I wouldn’t want to do anything that would cover it too much. And I personally think bright yellow would be striking with these colors. Maybe a yellow tulip or a yellow butterfly appliqued on, that you could stitch details over? I’m just posting this suggestion because you asked, but of course you need to “do you”!

Back
Top Bottom