Leonarda's Textile /Stitching ATC Swap. Due September 20th

Leonarda, did you want us to post pictures of our in-process steps as we go? I usually take one picture at the end, but this fabric Swap is so different, with procedures so varied, that it might be fun to see the stages of work. So I’m up for it if others will do it as well.

Please add me! I love fabric! I've never done anything like this though on a ATC

Depending on what is used to make them, these would be great to used on junk journals!

Leonarda, did you want us to post pictures of our in-process steps as we go? I usually take one picture at the end, but this fabric Swap is so different, with procedures so varied, that it might be fun to see the stages of work. So I’m up for it if others will do it as well.

Yes!!! Marvelous idea!!! Please post steps and how you do them!!

I’d like to sign up for this swap. I haven’t done a swap using fabric for a long time. One question. Can we use fabric paint or ink for embellishments as long as the background and subjects are fabric? Thanks! I’m looking forward to this swap!

Embroidered branch - very first step. Owl shape and tree branch fused onto sky background. Tree branch is outlined in split backstitch. Leaves are daisy stitch filled in. Two different embroidery threads are knotted at the back and brought to the front. Background fabric is cut bigger than needed, will be sized later.

Back
Top Bottom