Leonarda's Textile /Stitching ATC Swap. Due September 20th

Owl is being outlined by "couching". Two threads with needles are used, knotted at the back. One is laid into shape as you go, while the other thread (embroidery floss) is used to tack it in place. Next step - detail embroidery.

Hi Leonarda! I'm really excited about this swap but I have a couple of questions. I think you said we can use fabric ink or paint for embellishments as long as the background and subject are fabric. I just want to confirm that. Also, can we also use ribbon and lace? Lastly, is machine stitching allowed or is this strictly hand stitching? Just wanted to get this info before I did a no-no. Thanks so much!

Mollie

I'd like to sign up! I've been doing some stitching in the evenings. I'm working on a roll in greens and browns right now.

Hi Leonarda! I'm really excited about this swap but I have a couple of questions. I think you said we can use fabric ink or paint for embellishments as long as the background and subject are fabric. I just want to confirm that. Also, can we also use ribbon and lace? Lastly, is machine stitching allowed or is this strictly hand stitching? Just wanted to get this info before I did a no-no. Thanks so much!

Yes to all!

This is a continuation of my process from Posts 40 and 41. Excess fabric is pulled to the back of the cardstock substrate and taped with Scotch tape. Then, the backing paper which will include my information is glued over that.

I hope others will show us their process as well, so I'm not all alone in this!

Back
Top Bottom