Leonarda's Textile /Stitching ATC Swap. Due September 20th

Well, for two days I've been trying to add a process photo here, but it isn't working out.

Mine are going out in today's mail.

I just got back from Portland and discovered an amazing shop called Kiriko!! They had kimono fabric by the yard from the 1960s!!!!

Ohhhhh meeeeee❤️

Chimerix- I feel your pain. I am unable to upload anything from my phone to this site. And to get pics from phone to laptop in the correct format is quite the task. Im sure they are gorgeous!!

Finished my set of little owls! Embroidery stitches used were: Lazy daisy, filled lazy daisy, open lazy daisy, split backstitch, feather stitch, and couching. They all have gold sequin eyes.

Needlework Trees: Three in Unlikely Colors....

1_1475_summer_shadesm2.jpg
1_1473_tree_p_bl_pksm1.JPG
1_1472_tree_p_bl_brsm4.jpg
1_1474_tree_bl_p_pk_grsm3.jpg

Wool Felt, Wool yarn

I love doing needlework ATCS, but the backing is something that has challenged me. I have used Aida cloth with double-stick tape and a cardstock backing. I have punched a hole and tied the card on with a little bow. I have used velcro and cardstock. But my favorite style is to sew a "frame" that is actually a pocket. In the pocket is a card with the ATC information. I made one for an ATART recently, and one of the challenges was to write out the steps. So here is my method: (on a different card) https://pepperwoodatcs.wordpress.com

By the way: Does anyone have any hints for photographing needlework with an iPhone? Colors just don't seem to come out right for me....

Last edited:
Finished my set of little owls! Embroidery stitches used were: Lazy daisy, filled lazy daisy, open lazy daisy, split backstitch, feather stitch, and couching. They all have gold sequin eyes.

Love, LOVE, LOVE!!! those owls! And it was really really fun to see your process! Thank you so much for sharing.

How funny! We were posting our mutual admiration at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom