Happy Accidents Swap - Due Date: Sept 9th, 2022

My cards are done.
It was great to work with backgrounds that hadn't worked for me before.
The first one, when I started, was just a map of the region of Barcelona in Spain glued to a black and white background. I think the collage and drawn details finally make it interesting.

The other three cards are collages made with beeswax, napkins and tissue images and postage stamps.
I have had the tree image background (second card) sitting in my pile for almost two years. I think it makes a nice old French countryside.

For the Eiffel Tower card, the blue in the background (which is actually brighter than in the scan) is from blue printing on paper I used as a coaster for my wet water glass that blurred and stained. It makes a perfect sky.

The Margaret Atwood stamp card contains two happy accidents. One is an old background. And the second is the stamp itself - when I was soaking it to get the stamp off the (pink) envelope, the color ran and stained the top half of the stamp. I think it looks really cool! So I used it as the beginning of the color palette for the whole card.

Last edited:
My cards are done.
It was great to work with backgrounds that hadn't worked for me before.
The first one, when I started, was just a map of the region of Barcelona in Spain glued to a black and white background. I think the collage and drawn details finally make it interesting.

The other three cards are collages made with beeswax, napkins and tissue images and postage stamps.
I have had the tree image background (second card) sitting in my pile for almost two years. I think it makes a nice old French countryside.

For the Eiffel Tower card, the blue in the background (which is actually brighter than in the scan) is from blue printing on paper I used as a coaster for my wet water glass that blurred and stained. It makes a perfect sky.

The Margaret Atwood stamp card contains two happy accidents. One is an old background. And the second is the stamp itself - when I was soaking it to get the stamp off the (pink) envelope, the color ran and stained the top half of the stamp. I think it looks really cool! So I used it as the beginning of the color palette for the whole card.

These cards look great mrubyjean! Thank you for sharing the story behind their creation.

My cards just went in the mail.

1_hapac.jpg

The top left was from a set I did for a swap awhile back where all the cards were not to the host's liking... I've traded the other three over time, and this was the last one left. Top right I started during the last A-thon, but couldn't get finished in time. Bottom two were both from different past A-thons... nobody wanted them so I added some ink and colored pencil accents and used them here.

View attachment 233925

The top left was from a set I did for a swap awhile back where all the cards were not to the host's liking... I've traded the other three over time, and this was the last one left. Top right I started during the last A-thon, but couldn't get finished in time. Bottom two were both from different past A-thons... nobody wanted them so I added some ink and colored pencil accents and used them here.

These look great! Can't wait to see them in person.

View attachment 233925

HMM a situation happened Huh? I really like that one. It made me chuckle.

My Before and after cards for this Happy Accidents Swap

Often when I make cards, for swaps, I make a more than needed and weed out the ones that don't win a spot for the swap.

The black bird cards, were created on a Citrasolv background swap, first then the black bird was was a raven for the Edgar Allan Poe swap, both times the cards didn't make the cute. Then for an art a thon, I added the flowers, but alas still didn't get finished.

There was a TEXT swap. and hard as I tried, I could not get the LOVED monster stamps to finish up their artful appearance. I again tried to finish them up with an art a thon. But alas they were shy and not ready.

These are my final items. I was given the yellow textured paper in a Rak over on swap bot, and bought the shiny things on clearance at the Dollar General.

I hope you all love them and will give these birds and fun monsters a new home.

1_happy_accidents_before_birds.jpg

1_happy_accidents_after_birds.jpg

I am not really sure these are Ravens, but are surely black bird.

1_happy_accidents_Text_monsters_before.jpg

1_happy_accidents_text_monster_after.jpg

Back
Top Bottom